Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do i need to get 4+ weapons before i get to spellhold
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Patrick_hindman
Reading through the forums i heard mention that i some creatures (specifically the skeleton grandlord) in spellhold require +4 weapons to hit. Do i need them because they are quite hard to get and expensive at that.

Oh and by the way when i killed gaal he didnt drop the belt of fortitude (the one that boosts your constitution to 18 for 8 hours) is this a bug or has this item been moved.
Sikret
QUOTE(Patrick_hindman @ Jun 13 2008, 01:45 PM) *
Reading through the forums i heard mention that i some creatures (specifically the skeleton grandlord) in spellhold require +4 weapons to hit. Do i need them because they are quite hard to get and expensive at that.

It depends on when you go to spellhold. There are three different vrsions of spellhold in IA. If your single-class protagonist is lower than 15th level, you will see the first version of Improved Spellhold. If you are higher than 14th level, you will see the second version and will probably need +4 weapons there. If you are higher than 16th level, you will see the third version of Improved spellhold. This is changed for v6 (as you can read in the progress report thread). The hierarchy of difficulty levels in spellhold is kept in v6 (just like it is in v5), but you won't necessarily need +4 weapons.

Oh and by the way when i killed gaal he didnt drop the belt of fortitude (the one that boosts your constitution to 18 for 8 hours) is this a bug or has this item been moved.

It's not a bug. Haven't you heard of IA's item randomizer? smile.gif You shouldn't be surprised to find out that an item is not in its original location. Its location is either randomized or it's simply moved to another location.
Patrick_hindman
Oh i was just worried since when i met to do battle with gaal he wasnt in the right location... so i thought a bugged occured somewhere

By the way gaal is worth 14000xp but he is weak and dies quickly... perhaps a improved version to fit with his worth and beef him up with some decent spells and equips i mean he is the leader of a cult.
Vuki
Yes, I agree with you Patrick. I fought against Gaal just yesterday and the whole quest was really easy compared for example to the slaver HQ. I think it was not really touched by Sikret. They could be maybe improved in V6.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.