Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hints and tips for defeating the shadow lover
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Patrick_hindman
I just need some advice on defeating this guy as he seems to be immune to all forms of elemental and magical damage and has crazy regeneration (i mean he heals 10 damage in less than a few seconds). Unless theres something logical i must do such as lead him back to the presence of his lover (which i've tried) i'm a bit lost.
Sikret
You are probably hitting him with the wrong weapon type. Try weapons which inflict other damage types. Summoned creatures can help as well.
Patrick_hindman
ok i figured it out and finally got myself the lilacor two handed sword thanks for help out of all the guardians he was proably the toughest.
Vuki
Hi all!

I have also difficulties with this Lover. The main is issue that there is a bug.

SPOILER!
Negative Plane Protection (and Amulet of Power) does not protect against it's effect (reducing the strength of my characters) but it should be. The same is true for mirror image, however maybe it is not a bug, because it could be an area-like effect. 3rd problem is that Lesser Restoration is not able to give back the lost strength.
Patrick_hindman
Hmm... i never thought of using those spells before, in the original game both spells did not protect me from or recover from stat drain (i think only greater restoration did.. but thats a high level spell anyway).

I just used summons and wizards with stone skin, mirror image and blur to distract him while my buffed fighters handed it to him (remember to check which weapon type is most effective to him).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.