Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with the improved slavers compund
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Patrick_hindman
The complaint i have about the improved slavers compound in the slums is the constantly spawning assassin that gives no experience that keeps appearing even after you've finished a major battle. I loved the battle against the big boss of the slavers (sorry forgot his name) when you enter the compound via the sewers but i just find it really frustrating when after i beat that battle and i'm healing up my party and then suddenly my protagonist gets backstabbed then poisoned from no where. To me thats just unfair after you finished a hard satisfying fight and the fact that when you kill him he grants you no experience at all just adds to the frustration.

This is one aspect of the mod i would like removed because i mean this mod is about creating satisfying, challenging and enjoyable scenarios which it has done so far. But this to me as a player this aspect is just cheap and frustrating.
Sikret
Had you cleared the entire area, the assassins would have stopped spawning. The point is that you should be quick and move to the other section of the building after winning the first battle against Haegan. Of course, it's still possible to do some healings and casting some spells before moving to the other part of the building, but dealing with those assassins will be the price of the delay.

The fact that killing those assassins doesn't give xp is intentional; otherwise, it would turn to an xp-exploit possibility. The in-game justification is that you gain more xp for completing the entire quest and a portion of the extra xp is because of the existence of those extra assassins. And you find a letter with Haegan (written by slaver lords) in which it is stated that assassins are sent to help them as extra reinforcement for the ship building.
Patrick_hindman
Ok i see your point now, finished the quest and was quite surprised with the extra xp for completing it. Oh by the way can you actually find this assassins in the temple district?
Gorwath
Jup those ore the slavers in the guarded compound
I guess Sion is the Slaver Lord. There are far more interconnections now between evil groubs in Amn (Twisted Rune and stuff like that)
Shaitan
QUOTE(Gorwath @ Jun 8 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Jup those ore the slavers in the guarded compound
I guess Sion is the Slaver Lord. There are far more interconnections now between evil groubs in Amn (Twisted Rune and stuff like that)

Yes that's one of this mods nicer features. I personally look foreward to the continued history about the letter Glacias carries around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.