Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I'd like to see for V7 ;)....
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Polecat
Sikret,
A little wish for v7, if we ever get that far:

Strongholds for NPCs- I always think the old multiple strongholds fix/cheat is a bit artificial, and with all the new quests you're adding into the strongholds it would be nice to be able to still do them without having to be the required class...Now the pre-requisite would be having a certain NPC in your party. Eg, Minsc/Valygar for the Ranger stronghold quests, Edwin/Nalia for the Mage stronghold, and Jaheira/Cernd for the Druid one..
new NPC connections to strongholds could be developed as new additions are made to each classes quest list.
No idea how difficult it would be to code this kind of thing, (someone tried something like it once I think some time ago...) but wouldn't it be cool?!:)
lroumen
I'm not certain whether this is still under development, but here goes.
http://www.gibberlings3.net/npcstronghold/index.php
Something like that?
Sikret
QUOTE(Polecat @ Jun 7 2008, 08:16 AM) *
Strongholds for NPCs- [...] with all the new quests you're adding into the strongholds it would be nice to be able to still do them without having to be the required class...

Making all quests of all strongholds available to the player regardless of the protagonist's class will probably disturb the game's balance (= too much xp) and (more importantly) will lower the game's replaying value. It's not in my to-do list. Thanks for the time you spent on writing and sending the idea, anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.