Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baldurdash site down?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Sikret
geh4th kindly reported to me that the link to download Baldurdash TOB fixpack v1.12 in IA's readme is dead and he doesn't know where to get it. I checked and it seems that the Baldurdash.org site is down. I'm not sure if it is temporarily down or permanently gone.

I tried to attach the fixpack to this post, but the forum settings don't allow .exe files to be attached.

Possible Solutions:

1- Someone provides an alternate link to download the fixpack if such a link exists and can be found.

2- Baronius changes the forum settings to allow me to attach the fixpack.

3- Baronius uploads the fixpack somewhere else on BWL site or on DHDC page for players who need it.
Moongaze
DHDC seems the best option, or at least on the BWL server. I've uploaded my copy of the ToB Fixpack and Game Text Update onto my folder of BWL. Just give me a yell if it's still needed, I'll give the link.
Sikret
Thanks, Moongaze!

Just to clarify, it's not the TOB official patch which I was talking about, it's the Baldurdash TOBfixpack v1.12.

If that's what you have uploaded in your folder, I'll be grateful if you provide the link.

Players of IA should also note that the "Game Text Update" should NOT be installed.

The order of installing the fixes was this (just to remind you):

1- BG2
2- TOB
3- TOB official patch
4- Baldurdash TOBfixpack v1.12

Check IA's installation document for more details.
Sir-Kill
just .zip the .exe then you can post it
the site will most likely be back. smile.gif
Moongaze
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 2 2008, 01:28 PM) *
Thanks, Moongaze!

Just to clarify, it's not the TOB official patch which I was talking about, it's the Baldurdash TOBfixpack v1.12.

If that's what you have uploaded in your folder, I'll be grateful if you provide the link.

Yes, I have uploaded the latest non-WeiDU version of the Baldurdash ToB Fixpack v1.12 and ToB GameText Update 1.2

Downloads:
Fixpack

Edited by Sikret to remove the unnecessary link to the Game Text Update, which might create confusions (the game text update should not be used if you plan to play IA).

Moongaze edit: Unnecessary to IA users maybe, but not to every BG2 player. Do as you wish, though....
Sikret
Thank you very much, Sir-Kill and Moongaze.
Moongaze
Hmm. That was a little overboard, removing the second link. I understand it's "confusing" for IA users, but that doesn't mean the rest of the BG2 players may not have access to it. glare.gif

Both links can be found at Lunar Sanctuary, for those who are not playing IA. Yes, they are still the same files.
And that is final. *leaves topic*
Sikret
Just for the record, I do not recommend installing the "Game Text Update" even to players who don't plan to play IA. If you install it, no other mod's changes and corrections to the game text strings will work properly.

@Moongaze:

I had said that I only needed the link to the main fixpack (and not the game text one). Having an unnecessary link might have caused confusion (the player would ask, why is the other link provided if not for downloading; and he might mistakenly download and use it). Remember that we needed the link for IA players here. Thanks again for providing the link.
DavidW
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 3 2008, 07:24 AM) *
Just for the record, I do not recommend installing the "Game Text Update" even to players who don't plan to play IA. If you install it, no other mod's changes and corrections to the game text strings will work properly.

It's even worse than that, actually. Some mods are written with the GTU installed, some aren't. (I think you're probably right that having it installed causes more problems than not having it installed, though - quite apart from its questionable quality.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.