Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remembering a State Check
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Sir_Carnifex
I can't seem to find the state check for initiating a dialogue during rest. I vaguely recall seeing something like PartyAtRest at one time, but I don't remember where. I tried searching through the IESDP but came up with nothing. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place. Anyway, if someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Thanks!
Bearwere
what do you mean, "during rest"? It can happen before rest, or after rest. For the latter - use 0x0093 PartyRested() (http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/scripting/triggers/bg2triggers.htm), if you need "before" - I don't remember how to do it (or, maybe I never knew=))
Sir_Carnifex
Ah, poor wording on my part. I meant before rest. I did find the PartyRested(), unfortunately, that's not the one I need.
jastey
Dialogues at rest (when the player hits the "rest" button) are scripted via the "npcnameD.bcs". The "D" for dream dialogues is actually a script, not a dialogue file, although it is assigned to the pdialog in the tp2. Just create (and compile) a d.baf named as you assigne it via tp2, and put a trigger script block with the dialogue conditions into it. Then the dialogue will be triggered upon rest, if the conditions are met.

Have a look at the romance coding tutorial here, too: Romance Authoring Tutorial, under "Sleep Scripts"

Note: For this, do not use the "splitted" method introduced in "How to ensure your banters always run when you want them to. " (for all other NPC-initiated dialogues, I recommend it very much as it helps to prevent stuttering).
Sir_Carnifex
It looks like I'll be doing some more learning... right now, that stuff looks like jhglkjhlsadjfh to me. Then again, so did the stuff that I've already done when I first started. happy.gif I'll get the hang if it eventually.

Thanks for the help.
Sir_Carnifex
Sleep dialogues...

Is it possible to have one start with an append to another character's file, then extern into the mod NPC's file and CHAIN the rest of the way? I can't recall having seen this before as every rest talk I've encountered has been initiated by the mod NPC.
Bearwere
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Sir_Carnifex
Yup. I found one in another mod. Now I just have to figure out how it works... glare.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.