The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering a State Check, Dialogues at Rest Time
Sir_Carnifex
post May 20 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #1

Retired team member

I can't seem to find the state check for initiating a dialogue during rest. I vaguely recall seeing something like PartyAtRest at one time, but I don't remember where. I tried searching through the IESDP but came up with nothing. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place. Anyway, if someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Sir_Carnifex: May 29 2008, 07:02 AM

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"I like criticism, but it must be my way." - Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Bearwere
post May 20 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

what do you mean, "during rest"? It can happen before rest, or after rest. For the latter - use 0x0093 PartyRested() (http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/scripting/triggers/bg2triggers.htm), if you need "before" - I don't remember how to do it (or, maybe I never knew=))

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 20 2008, 06:16 AM
Post #3

Retired team member

Ah, poor wording on my part. I meant before rest. I did find the PartyRested(), unfortunately, that's not the one I need.

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Quote Post
jastey
post May 21 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

Dialogues at rest (when the player hits the "rest" button) are scripted via the "npcnameD.bcs". The "D" for dream dialogues is actually a script, not a dialogue file, although it is assigned to the pdialog in the tp2. Just create (and compile) a d.baf named as you assigne it via tp2, and put a trigger script block with the dialogue conditions into it. Then the dialogue will be triggered upon rest, if the conditions are met.

Have a look at the romance coding tutorial here, too: Romance Authoring Tutorial, under "Sleep Scripts"

Note: For this, do not use the "splitted" method introduced in "How to ensure your banters always run when you want them to. " (for all other NPC-initiated dialogues, I recommend it very much as it helps to prevent stuttering).

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 21 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Retired team member

It looks like I'll be doing some more learning... right now, that stuff looks like jhglkjhlsadjfh to me. Then again, so did the stuff that I've already done when I first started. happy.gif I'll get the hang if it eventually.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 29 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #6

Retired team member

Sleep dialogues...

Is it possible to have one start with an append to another character's file, then extern into the mod NPC's file and CHAIN the rest of the way? I can't recall having seen this before as every rest talk I've encountered has been initiated by the mod NPC.

--------------------

Quote Post
Bearwere
post May 29 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 29 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Retired team member

Yup. I found one in another mod. Now I just have to figure out how it works... glare.gif

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:24 AM