Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowkeeper dead
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Sir_Carnifex
Well, I made a mistake and tried looking through BG Tutu with Shadowkeeper. Now Shadowkeeper will not load. It freezes while indexing resources. I already tried removing it from my computer and downloading it again, but the same problem persists. Any ideas how to go back and change the directory that Shadowkeeper tries to open? Thanks.
Sir-Kill
no, but I thought I read somewhere that SK does not work with tutu...it does with bgt tho
Sir_Carnifex
Meaning that I can't use it for BG2 while I have Tutu installed? sad.gif
Baronius
Try this:

1. Open a command prompt (for example, Start menu -> Run..., type "cmd", then press Enter)
2. Type this:

reg add "HKCU\Software\AIO\Shadow Keeper\Settings" /v "Install Path" /d "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\\"

Don't forget about the quotation marks and the double backslash at the end, and subtitute C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA with your own BG2 path, if it differs.
Sir_Carnifex
All I get is "Bad command or file name". Then again, I'm using Windows 98, so I have MS-DOS Prompt instead of Command Prompt. Still, I think they work the same way.
Baronius
You need to use regedit then. Type regedit, and you will see a tree structure in the left. You must navigate in it in order to find Shadowkeeper's settings. Try to find HKEY_LOCAL_USER or something like that (or perhaps HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), it should have a node Software. The Software node contains AIO, then Shadow Keeper. Choose the node Settings, and change the value "Install Path" (in the right) to the correct installation path.

If you can't find the node, use the search option of regedit, e.g. with Shadow keeper as a search term.
Sir_Carnifex
It's working again. Navigating RegEdit was no problem as I'm somewhat familiar with it (but still forgot about it until you mentioned it blush.gif ).

Thanks for the help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.