The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowkeeper dead
Sir_Carnifex
post May 17 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Retired team member

Well, I made a mistake and tried looking through BG Tutu with Shadowkeeper. Now Shadowkeeper will not load. It freezes while indexing resources. I already tried removing it from my computer and downloading it again, but the same problem persists. Any ideas how to go back and change the directory that Shadowkeeper tries to open? Thanks.

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"I like criticism, but it must be my way." - Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post May 17 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #2

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

no, but I thought I read somewhere that SK does not work with tutu...it does with bgt tho

--------------------

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 17 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Retired team member

Meaning that I can't use it for BG2 while I have Tutu installed? sad.gif

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Quote Post
Baronius
post May 17 2008, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Try this:

1. Open a command prompt (for example, Start menu -> Run..., type "cmd", then press Enter)
2. Type this:

reg add "HKCU\Software\AIO\Shadow Keeper\Settings" /v "Install Path" /d "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\\"

Don't forget about the quotation marks and the double backslash at the end, and subtitute C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA with your own BG2 path, if it differs.

This post has been edited by Baronius: May 17 2008, 07:44 PM

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 17 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Retired team member

All I get is "Bad command or file name". Then again, I'm using Windows 98, so I have MS-DOS Prompt instead of Command Prompt. Still, I think they work the same way.

--------------------

Quote Post
Baronius
post May 17 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

You need to use regedit then. Type regedit, and you will see a tree structure in the left. You must navigate in it in order to find Shadowkeeper's settings. Try to find HKEY_LOCAL_USER or something like that (or perhaps HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE), it should have a node Software. The Software node contains AIO, then Shadow Keeper. Choose the node Settings, and change the value "Install Path" (in the right) to the correct installation path.

If you can't find the node, use the search option of regedit, e.g. with Shadow keeper as a search term.

This post has been edited by Baronius: May 17 2008, 07:57 PM

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 17 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Retired team member

It's working again. Navigating RegEdit was no problem as I'm somewhat familiar with it (but still forgot about it until you mentioned it blush.gif ).

Thanks for the help!

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:03 PM