Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monk question and readme file question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Hideous the Wu Jen
1. Has anyone taken a monk through IA? I am considering one as a part of this party -

Prot - Cavalier, Sorceror, Anomen, Valygar and Jan.

Seems like a monk would have good defensive protections with MR and immunities, but not being able to be Improve Hasted will suck dragon balls. He would only be effective with crushing damage for the most part and Fists max out at +3 so there will be some fights he would be little help. If I don't take a monk it would probably be a F/M/C or a dual class of some sort. But I'm having a hard time deciding.

2. For some items in the IA readme it says usable only by single class mage. In The Four it says not usable by multi-class. Are each of these descriptions meant to include dual classes in their restrictions as well?

Thanks
lroumen
Magic immunity caps at 78%, but you can increase that well enough with gear to a near 100%.
Monk Fists strike as +4 at level 25.
You can use all thief weapons, so you're not just limited to fists. When you find it, the Scarlet Ninjo-To could be nice since it provides 1 extra attack.
Raven
QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ May 8 2008, 05:52 AM) *
2. For some items in the IA readme it says usable only by single class mage. In The Four it says not usable by multi-class. Are each of these descriptions meant to include dual classes in their restrictions as well?

I can't answer your question about The Four I'm afraid but as far as IA items go, if it says only single class mages, it means dual and muliclass characters can't use them.

I would say, go for the monk. I haven't tried one in IA but I think it could work well. Having one of your fighter-types not being Improved Hasted is not a big problem.
Sikret
QUOTE(Raven @ May 8 2008, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ May 8 2008, 05:52 AM) *

I can't answer your question about The Four I'm afraid but as far as IA items go, if it says only single class mages, it means dual and muliclass characters can't use them.

Raven is right. When it says in an item's description that it is Usable only by single class mages, it means that the item is not usable by multi or dual class mages.

On the other hand, when it says "Not usable by mutli-class mages", it means it is usable by single and dual class mages.

So, "Usable by single class mages" is different from "Not usable by multi-class mages". In the first case, a dual-class mage can't use the item; whereas, in the second case, a dual-class mage can use it. Of course, even in the second case, if the item is a robe, a Kensai dualled to mage won't be able to wear it anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.