Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8man team.
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
AlisAtAn
Yup. A long long time ago, someone released a grand mod for BG2 that allowed you to have 7 npcs in your team. I dont remember the name of the mod, and as my dialog.tlk has outgrown weidu, I come here asking if anyone would be able to give me a hint to how it was modded the first time.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards, Alis
The Bigg
I don't think that the 7 npcs mod exists - it'd have been very likely announced everywhere - but then, the original non-WeiDU Widescreen was available from rapidshare linked from a topic somewhere, so it's possible, even if doubtful, that 7 NPC is a similar hidden gem.

There was a 'Team of Eight' quest in CtB, but its name is just misguiding: it allows you to do a quest alongside other eight people (I think they work like familiars/summons/charmed enemies), it doesn't modify the NPC cap. From http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/ctb (emphasis and ellipses mine):

The Company of Eight
- <...> Bigger, faster, and harder, join up with the Company as they take on the evil Cult of the Dragon.
<...>
- N.B. The Company of Eight does not change the maximum number of party members.
Baronius
dialog.tlk has outgrown weidu

What do you mean by that? Long ago, I remember reading it somewhere in a player's report that WeiDU had said it's a "too big file" or something like that, so it couldn't append any more strings to it. Is this your problem too?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.