The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 8man team., Title is what I wanna do.
AlisAtAn
post May 4 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Yup. A long long time ago, someone released a grand mod for BG2 that allowed you to have 7 npcs in your team. I dont remember the name of the mod, and as my dialog.tlk has outgrown weidu, I come here asking if anyone would be able to give me a hint to how it was modded the first time.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards, Alis
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
The Bigg
post May 4 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

I don't think that the 7 npcs mod exists - it'd have been very likely announced everywhere - but then, the original non-WeiDU Widescreen was available from rapidshare linked from a topic somewhere, so it's possible, even if doubtful, that 7 NPC is a similar hidden gem.

There was a 'Team of Eight' quest in CtB, but its name is just misguiding: it allows you to do a quest alongside other eight people (I think they work like familiars/summons/charmed enemies), it doesn't modify the NPC cap. From http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/ctb (emphasis and ellipses mine):

The Company of Eight
- <...> Bigger, faster, and harder, join up with the Company as they take on the evil Cult of the Dragon.
<...>
- N.B. The Company of Eight does not change the maximum number of party members.

This post has been edited by The Bigg: May 4 2008, 12:29 PM

--------------------
Please do not contact me for assistance in using BGT, BP, any other of the 'large mods', or a mod I didn't write or contribute to. I'm not your paid support staff, so I'd suggest you to direct your help questions to the forum relative to the mod you're playing.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Quote Post
Baronius
post May 4 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

dialog.tlk has outgrown weidu

What do you mean by that? Long ago, I remember reading it somewhere in a player's report that WeiDU had said it's a "too big file" or something like that, so it couldn't append any more strings to it. Is this your problem too?

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:42 AM