Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Asylum's Random Spawns
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Jon Irenicus
Ok, i have reached the asylum and am now in the zone where the book that spwans monsters when you click on it, where the crystal and the vampire with the hand to open the door are . In this zone, in every few rounds there's a asylum golem , or 2 whispering spiders, or 2 skeleton lords spawning every few rounds.Normally i would be like: yeah whatever....but while i am fighting the group of undead composed by a shade lich , 2 skeletons grandlords and 3 skeleton lords near the library, the others guys keeps spawning and interfering with the fight vs the undead.What i wanted to know is if theres a way to stop this spwans by killing X monster or something, or will they only stop once the area is fully cleared? Facing about 5-7 skele lords + 2 grandlords + shade lich is a bit... -.-
Zarathustra
You might know this already, but if you are of a high enough level (15+ for single-class protagonists, I think), then Spellhold is more difficult than otherwise. I definitely remember that there were no Grandlords or Asylum Golems in my attempts, and I don't remember any infinite spawns around there. So the reason for what you're having to deal with is your high level, I guess.

As for what to do, well, I'd speculate (having some basic experience with IA 5) that you cannot terminate the spawning - or if you can, it'll probably involve a battle more difficult than what you're currently facing. But as I said, it's just an educated guess - so better wait for the experts' opinion.
Jon Irenicus
My protagonist is a sorcerer at lv 15 , team experience is about 2450000 xp, since i did pretty much most of the quests before coming to spellhold.Those damn spawns keep cramping my style argh -.-.The golem is fine, since i have my sorcerer and a fighter/mage in the front line, stoneskin and mirror image is enough to ignore him while i bash the lich and the skeletons but the whisp spiders with the knockdown and the confusion and the skeleton lords that join the already existing horde, keep messing with the criticals moments when my chars need to pull some critical spell or other move.
Aslyn
I'm fairly certain you've got Clerical spells that can help with that tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.