Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running for my life
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Hideous the Wu Jen
Just wondering how many have used running away and splitting up attackers as a tactic. I've never had to resort to it prior to IA, but we all know IA is whole different ballgame. Would anyone consider it cheesy? Normally I used to stand my ground and tank it out but now I think it may be best, sometimes, to split up and see which enemies go after who and decide my strategy next. Obviously this only applies when there is enough space to run. The battle that I first resorted to with this tactic is

SPOILER!
the second drow ambush. Hasting my characters and having the fast spiders close behind allowed me to take them out before the drow spellcasters caught up. This may have already been posted as a strat, but I actually didn't bother looking up any help...even though I should have since it took several hours for me to finally beat them. ohmy.gif

Anyway, just wondering how some of you felt.
Gorwath
Well as far as I know Sikret thinks that Hit and run tactics are considered to be cheesy. Therefore he implemented those whisper spiders which can pull you to them if you are running away...

Personally I don't consider running away as a cheesy tactic as long as you dont run away and rest or sth like that.

Gorwath
Ymarsakar
What's cheesy is that the player has a brain which the computer can't match, no matter how fast the processor speed goes up. That's cheesy.

Remove that advantage and everything becomes golden ; )

Micromanaging running away was always better with 1-3 characters to control. With six, things get a bit too messy. It's never as fun with six.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.