Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA + NeJ bug (need help please)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
baihbalm
I started a new game with a few big mods installed -> Nej + IA + 'the four' + baldurdash 1.64 (or something)

Problem is that I get this bug... where at the very beginning of the game where the main char is stuck in the cage in the dungeon, imoen doesn't come out of the other room to unlock me from the cage.

It looks like she is stuck in the cage right across from me, and I can't use the console or anything, it's like the scripts aren't even running.

Any help would be great, thank you, here is my log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #0 // MULTI-STRONGHOLD. All the warrior classes (fighters, rangers and paladins) and monks may get the De’Arnise Keep as their stronghold in addition to another stronghold which is accessible according to their class. Also all dual- and multi-classes have no restrictions to the number of strongholds they may obtain.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #1 // GRAND MASTERY FIX. This fix originally created by James Schumacher you may get from various sources including Baldurdash tweaks and cheats. It fixes the weapon proficiency table for fighters according to the original D&D rules implemented in BG1 and IWD. If you have not installed it yet I would strongly recommend to do so.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #4 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #5 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.6 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #6 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V694.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.94 (Patch)
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
trufa
Possibly it's caused by
Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
, because in Anvil 5.0 Immy has a new class, perhaps as well a new .cre file, so it is poosible the NEJ Imoen isn't the same .cre, as the Anviled one, and maybe there is a script, which Imoen should free the prot

(For this reason, I recommend to put Lord Mirrabo's Imoen Romance to the incompatibility list. (Not tested!!!), as well the NEJ Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen option)
Sikret
Hi, baihbalm!

Uninstall the following components and start a new game:

- SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #6 // Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
- SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
-SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
Start a new game and let me know if the problem persists.

The following component is also redundant and you can uninstall it:

- SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen

baihbalm
SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
-SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait

I removed just these two.

Now its working just fine. I think It was the continuous and custom kit from NeJ.

Thanks for your help Trufa & Sikret, have a great week biggrin.gif
Sikret
Glad to hear that the problem is solved, biahbalm.

I still strongly recommend to remove the game text update component. I knew that it had nothing to do with that particular problem, but I recommended to remove it because it may make item and spell descriptions inconsistent in your game. Those vanilla items and spells which are tweaked by IA will have wrong descriptions in your game if you keep that component of Baldurdash Fixpack.

The other component (Woodland Beings) could also be safely removed from your installation, because IA improves Nymphs itself and IA's changes will take precedence anyway. So, having that redundant component of the Baldurdash Fixpack is pointless in your game (though I guess that it won't cause any problems either).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.