Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before Starting
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
trufa
Hi Everyone!

Probably at the weekend I will begin an Anvil party. I have a few questions before Start

1.The Following parties are good to Anvil?

1.a.1 fem. Kensai-Druid Protag. (scim/Club)
1.a.2 Angelo (Dualclassed FighterMage) (I don't know, which weapon he can use, probably change him to staff/halberd/2handed sword)
1.a.3 Imoen
1.a.4 Minsc (Flail/Axe/Short Sword)
1.a.5 Anomen, or preferably an another non-evil single or dualclassed Cleric mod (Anyone knows one???)
1.a.6 ??? maybe Keldorn or Aerie(good sequencered divine spellz...) bit sure it isn't Valygar, in TOB changed to Sarevok

1.b.1 male Berserker-Mage protag (Staff/Halberd/2Handed Sword
1.b.2 Jaheira (Scim/Club)
1.b.3 Imoen
1.b.4 Minsc
1.b.5 Anomen, or preferably an another non-evil single or dualclassed Cleric mod (Anyone knows one???)
1.b.6 ???

2. The Circlet of golden flowers (Druid item on head, gives extra spellz...) is wearable to Kensai Druids also? Or counts as a helm?

3.a The following spells/potions/abilities are comulative?
-Berserker Rage
-Potion of Heroism/Power
-Vampirich Touch
-Tenser

3.b If yes, Which HP amount will double the Tenser? The Original, or the "modified?(Enrage,potion,Vtouch)
Sikret
QUOTE(trufa @ Mar 12 2008, 03:08 PM) *
Probably at the weekend I will begin an Anvil party. I have a few questions before Start

1.The Following parties are good to Anvil?

1.a.1 fem. Kensai-Druid Protag. (scim/Club)
1.a.2 Angelo (Dualclassed FighterMage) (I don't know, which weapon he can use, probably change him to staff/halberd/2handed sword)
1.a.3 Imoen
1.a.4 Minsc (Flail/Axe/Short Sword)
1.a.5 Anomen, or preferably an another non-evil single or dualclassed Cleric mod (Anyone knows one???)
1.a.6 ??? maybe Keldorn or Aerie(good sequencered divine spellz...) bit sure it isn't Valygar, in TOB changed to Sarevok

1.b.1 male Berserker-Mage protag (Staff/Halberd/2Handed Sword
1.b.2 Jaheira (Scim/Club)
1.b.3 Imoen
1.b.4 Minsc
1.b.5 Anomen, or preferably an another non-evil single or dualclassed Cleric mod (Anyone knows one???)
1.b.6 ???

I would postpone playing a druid protagonist to IA v6 when the expanded druid stronghold is also added to the mod. You can play your Kensai-druid as a custom NPC in this run-through.

A Berserker-mage protagonist can play the expanded mage stronghold in v5.

The Circlet of golden flowers (Druid item on head, gives extra spellz...) is wearable to Kensai Druids also?

Yes, it can be used by a Kensai-Druid.
trufa
1.a.6, and 1.b.6 is Alora, but it drows an additional quesion. Leave her as a Swashbuckler, and goes with her with everything on bettering AC, or turn her into FT?
trufa
I am building up the party's equipment on excel, and some "style", and other questions showed up:

4. What would be better style to the Prot? (Berserker-mage) Going for good AC,THACO,Damage via Bladesinger Chain(Alysferund elven chain), and Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, or going to various permanent or spelled/skilled immunities (which provides a little worse AC and THACO)via Elemental Robe, Bracers AC3, Dragon Helm,Belt of I.B etc...

5. If my memories are correct, in 2 or 3 weeks on Anvilforum was a few post, that the Sola mod can be installed if, and again said IF ONLY the buffing scripts are used. I am correct?

6. I am also making in excel a spell-list to drowing out the aquired spells. Can somebody put here a list of the new spells, and the spells which one are replacing?

Raven
QUOTE(trufa @ Mar 12 2008, 11:27 AM) *
1.a.6, and 1.b.6 is Alora, but it drows an additional quesion. Leave her as a Swashbuckler, and goes with her with everything on bettering AC, or turn her into FT?

Personally would go for FT. I found it hard to use a single class Swashbuckler last time I played. I know others have had more success with them though (rbeverjr?) so maybe it's just a case of style.

4. What would be better style to the Prot? (Berserker-mage) Going for good AC,THACO,Damage via Bladesinger Chain(Alysferund elven chain), and Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization, or going to various permanent or spelled/skilled immunities (which provides a little worse AC and THACO)via Elemental Robe, Bracers AC3, Dragon Helm,Belt of I.B etc...

Other than weapon proficiencies I wouldn't worry too much about planning equipment in advance. You'll have a much better idea of who'll use what as you get further into the game. I don't tend to give priority to F/M type characters when it comes to elemental protection or AC boosting items - I feel there are characters in the party who have far more need of such protection, since they can't protect themselves with SI:A etc.
trufa
Other than weapon proficiencies I wouldn't worry too much about planning equipment in advance. You'll have a much better idea of who'll use what as you get further into the game. I don't tend to give priority to F/M type characters when it comes to elemental protection or AC boosting items - I feel there are characters in the party who have far more need of such protection, since they can't protect themselves with SI:A etc.

Planned spells for the PC

1. Magic Missile (maybe shield, if many Magic Missiles are by the enemies)
2. 2Blur, 2Mirror Image, maybe 1 Res. Fear
3. 2Ghost Armor, 2 VTOUCH, after that Prot from Fire, and Prot from Cold (The arcanes have longer durations)
4. 2Stoneskin, 2 Imp. Invis, 2. Fireshield (from lvl 14 2+2 Fireshield)
5. third Breach, two third Sp. Imm.
6. least two Tensers, least two imp. haste (in this order) (PoMW from scrolls)
7. Mass invisibility, Sequencer
8. 2Trigger, rest AdHW
9. Chain contingency, Timestop

The secondary Mage's (Nalia/Imoen) duty is the spellprot's letting down
rbeverjr
Early on, the FT is better than the swashbuckler. If you have the unnerfed THAC0 tables, I think that the swashbuckler becomes better than the FT. His THAC0 is good enough that the loss of critical strike isn't too bad. On the other hand, the loss of Hardiness is bad. Still, I prefer the swashbuckler. The caveat to this is that Raven is a better player than I am. So, I'd listen to him. biggrin.gif

You can use the sola autobuff scripts without messing up the game.
Vik
well i think it is a must to have a berserker in your party either a dual classed one or a single class one( barbarian is also a good choice) because of their resistances while in class abilitis.
Moongaze
You probably won't, but you can try using Wikaede for your non-evil single-classed cleric.
There aren't many finished cleric NPC mods out there...yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.