Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improved Anvil v5 + NeJ2 v6.9.4
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
baihbalm
this thread is about the setup below, and it's compatibility, i'll be testing it out.

1) SoA + ToB + ToB patch

2) Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64

3) NPC-WeiDu mods ->
A)Kivan
B)Kityanav6.4.4

4) Kit Mods ->
A)NPCKit v2 (Anomen) /
B)SP-Collection v7 (Sylvan Mystic) /

5) NeJ2 v6.9.1 + v6.9.4

6) Improved Anvil v5 (don’t install the mod until you put in all the fixes -> # 10)

7) Improved anvil fixes (do this before installing the mod)
A)-Download the dragring file and paste it into the "itm" folder (the "itm" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
-Download the CCLER20B file and put it into "scripts" folder (the "scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder)
C)-Put MULTIG.d file into "dlg" folder (the "dlg" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
-Put the dplayer3 file into your "override" folder (the override folder is inside the main BG2 folder)
D)-Download the S_fsdrag.baf file and rename it to S!fsdrag.baf (the underline has to be renamed to exclamation mark), then put the renamed file into "scripts" folder ("scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
E)-Put the two baf files-> AR4500.BAF & AR0334.baf into "BAF" folder (improved anvil folder).
- Put the spl file-> spwii01.spl into "spl" folder. (I had a bit of trouble downloading this one, so I just used 'saved target as' -> hope that works)

8) install Improved anvil

9) “Four”-v3 (mod for improved anvil)
Sikret
Are you referring to this topic? You didn't need to erase your question here even if it was posted on both forums.
baihbalm
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 7 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Are you referring to this topic?

Yes, I guess I'll just fix up this thread.

Oh, and do you think "Tower of Deception" would be compatible with this setup?
- what i've heard is that these parts of the mod are compatible
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

I also heard Dungeon Crawl v3 is fully compatible with IA v5

I guess I've got a little list of installation instructions, do they look alright? huh.gif

1) SoA + ToB + ToB patch

2) Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64

3) 1pp flaming swords (note sure if this is compatible)

4A) Dungeon Crawl v 3

4B) RR -> Do Not Use ->
- Bard kit revisions
- Bard High Level Ability revisions
- Thief kit revisions

5) NPC-WeiDu mods ->
A)Kivan
B)Kityanav6.4.4

6) Kit Mods ->
A)NPCKit v2 (Anomen) /
B)Sword and Fist (DuskBlade Kit) /
C)SP-Collection v7 (Sylvan Mystic) /

7) NeJ2 v6.9.1 + v6.9.4

8) Improved Anvil v5 (don’t install the mod until you put in all the fixes -> # 10)

9) Improved anvil fixes (do this before installing the mod)
A)-Download the dragring file and paste it into the "itm" folder (the "itm" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
cool.gif-Download the CCLER20B file and put it into "scripts" folder (the "scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder)
C)-Put MULTIG.d file into "dlg" folder (the "dlg" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
-Put the dplayer3 file into your "override" folder (the override folder is inside the main BG2 folder)
D)-Download the S_fsdrag.baf file and rename it to S!fsdrag.baf (the underline has to be renamed to exclamation mark), then put the renamed file into "scripts" folder ("scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
E)-Put the two baf files-> AR4500.BAF & AR0334.baf into "BAF" folder (improved anvil folder).
- Put the spl file-> spwii01.spl into "spl" folder. (I had a bit of trouble downloading this one, so I just used 'saved target as' -> hope that works)

10) install Improved anvil

11) “Four”-v3 (mod for improved anvil)
aVENGER
QUOTE(baihbalm @ Mar 7 2008, 08:34 AM) *
4) RR v382 + Dungeon Crawl (not sure if Dungeon Crawl is compatible)

Rogue Rebalancing is fully compatible with Dungeon Crawl. However, RR has not yet been officially tested together with NEJ2. This doesn't necessarily mean that RR and NEJ are incompatible though, so feel free to test this for yourself and let me know of the results.

BTW, you can find detailed information regarding how RR interacts with other mods in my Compatibility Guide.
baihbalm
QUOTE(aVENGER @ Mar 8 2008, 02:15 AM) *
QUOTE(baihbalm @ Mar 7 2008, 08:34 AM) *
4) RR v382 + Dungeon Crawl (not sure if Dungeon Crawl is compatible)

Rogue Rebalancing is fully compatible with Dungeon Crawl. However, RR has not yet been officially tested together with NEJ2. This doesn't necessarily mean that RR and NEJ are incompatible though, so feel free to test this for yourself and let me know of the results.

Thanks for the help, i'll let you know how it goes.
Sikret
QUOTE(baihbalm @ Mar 8 2008, 06:05 AM) *
Oh, and do you think "Tower of Deception" would be compatible with this setup?
- what i've heard is that these parts of the mod are compatible
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

Yes, Tower of Deception is compatible with Improved Anvil. The last component of the mod (= Encounter with Ustrain) is actually created by me (except its dialogue lines and the graphics art). It automatically checks whether IA is also installed and will make the final battle much more interesting using IA's resources and scripts.

Install Tower of Deception (all three components) before IA. It means that if you want to add it, you should uninstall The Four and IA, install Tower of Deception, and then install IA and The Four again (and start a new game).

As for Dungeon Crawl, I've read somewhere that the mod adds some powerful (and easy to find) items to the game (ex: an item which grants spell casting speed bonus similar to Robe of Vecna). Just make sure to sell those items rather than using them.

Also:

QUOTE(baihbalm @ Mar 8 2008, 06:05 AM) *
3) 1pp flaming swords (note sure if this is compatible)

4A) Dungeon Crawl v 3

4B) RR -> Do Not Use ->
- Bard kit revisions
- Bard High Level Ability revisions
- Thief kit revisions

5) NPC-WeiDu mods ->
A)Kivan
B)Kityanav6.4.4

I don't know anything about (3).

I guess Vlad will not support your installation and will not provide technical support if you use (4A), (4B) and (5). IA has no problem with these mods (except their powerful items which should not be used by you during the game), but I'm not sure whether Vlad will offer technical support if you use them.

6) Kit Mods ->
A)NPCKit v2 (Anomen) /
B)Sword and Fist (DuskBlade Kit) /
C)SP-Collection v7 (Sylvan Mystic) /

Sorry for not noticing these things the first time you wrote them in your list. The Duskblade kit is incompatible with IA. The other two are probably technically compatible, but conceptually problematic. I strongly recommend not to use them.
ronin69hof
I made the duskblade kit. It takes existing spells and renames them and sets their levels correctly for the inates (using KH as a prefix). It will have no problems with IA besides the fact that I messed up and the duskblade will get d12 instead of d10. If installed before IA it will make no difference because all the spells for the kit use my initials as a prefix.
Sikret
The Duskblade kit is incompatible with IA because of the following two abilities of the kit:

- From level 12, may cast Greater Malison and Stoneskin once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 16.
- From level 16, may cast Breach and Phantom Blade once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 20.

1- The stoneskin cast by the kit won't be recognized by enemy mages in IA.

2- The Breach cast by the kit will not be blocked by SI:abjuration.

The first problem will cause enemy mages to behave sub-optimally because they won't realize that the duskblade requires Breach.

The second problem is more important and is actually what makes the kit entirely incompatible with IA. In IA, SI:abjuration is tweaked/fixed to block all abjuration spells. However, any abjuration spell added by other mods with MAGICATTACK secondary type won't be detected and will bypass SI:abjuration (just like they do in the vanilla game). This will make the battles inconsistent and extremely easy for the player.
ronin69hof
The IA mod is just plain sorry if a kit mod cant even be installed sad.gif
Razfallow
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 8 2008, 09:11 PM) *
The Duskblade kit is incompatible with IA because of the following two abilities of the kit:

- From level 12, may cast Greater Malison and Stoneskin once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 16.
- From level 16, may cast Breach and Phantom Blade once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 20.

!CheckStat(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,STONESKINS) should still work, I guess.
Sikret
QUOTE(Razfallow @ Mar 9 2008, 12:56 AM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 8 2008, 09:11 PM) *

!CheckStat(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,STONESKINS) should still work, I guess.

Yes, but enemy mages in IA don't use this trigger to decide over casting Breach on a stoneskinned character. They use a different method.

The problem with !CheckStat(LastSeenBy(Myself),0,STONESKINS) is that if a mage uses this trigger to decide on casting Breach, then (for example) during Time Stop he may cast multiple redundant Breaches on a single character, because the first Breach cast by the mage is still in the air and the target will still be stoneskinned despite the Breach; hence, the trigger will turn true again.

In IA, enemy mages use a different method to recognize stoneskinned targets which doesn't lead to the mentioned problem.
baihbalm
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 8 2008, 01:46 PM) *
Yes, Tower of Deception is compatible with Improved Anvil. The last component of the mod (= Encounter with Ustrain) is actually created by me (except its dialogue lines and the graphics art). It automatically checks whether IA is also installed and will make the final battle much more interesting using IA's resources and scripts.

Probably won't use ToD since people are already trying to test it out with AIv5, i'll just hold out on that one

I guess Vlad will not support your installation and will not provide technical support if you use (4A), (4B) and (5). IA has no problem with these mods (except their powerful items which should not be used by you during the game), but I'm not sure whether Vlad will offer technical support if you use them.

Ok... well I guess I won't use RR (4B) or Dungeon Crawl (4A), though I heard that Vlad does support WeiDu-NPC mods, so I'll keep the Katanya and Kivan Mods... I hope they work smile.gif

The Duskblade kit is incompatible with IA. The other two are probably technically compatible, but conceptually problematic. I strongly recommend not to use them..

Hmmm, well I'll just try to use all the kits except for Duskblade, I foresee some ctd in the near future... wacko.gif

Thank you so much for your help, I'll just edit my first post up top
DavidW
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 8 2008, 08:11 PM) *
The second problem is more important and is actually what makes the kit entirely incompatible with IA. In IA, SI:abjuration is tweaked/fixed to block all abjuration spells. However, any abjuration spell added by other mods with MAGICATTACK secondary type won't be detected and will bypass SI:abjuration (just like they do in the vanilla game). This will make the battles inconsistent and extremely easy for the player.

You could automate this (if you thought it was worth it) - it's not too hard to write code to go through all Abjuration spells with that secondary type and add them to the SI:Abj modifications.
Sikret
First and foremost, I don't modify other mods' files (spells, items, etc) as I don't see it an ethically right thing to do.

In addition to the main point mentioned above, the situation is a lot more complicated than that. There are certain creatures who are immune to Breach spell without using SI:abjuration. Any new Breach spell (added by some other mod) will unintendedly affect those creatures and creates inconsistency. Automation to detect all Breach spells added by other mods during installation and making those certain creatures immune to those spells is a complicated and time-consuming process (and this all just for making the mod compatible with some random kit-mods which have other problems as well is not surely worth the time and effort. I prefer to spend my limited modding time to add to the mod's real content).

And it's not just the Breach spell. If I want to go for the complications of automation, I'll have to do it for several other spells; because one cannot predict what sort of kit-mod with new versions of those spells will appear the next day. It's just killing the valuable time I can use to add new content to the mod.
DavidW
Sure, fair enough - though for what it's worth, my experience with Sword Coast Stratagems is that once you get the hang of coding that way, it's not much slower than just doing it direct. You end up with a certain amount of "up-front" work to write macros, but once you've got them (and you're welcome to borrow mine) things become pretty quick. In the case of Breach, for instance, you just have one macro that finds all the Breach spells installed by other mods and makes a list of them, and another that takes every spell on that list and applies protection to it to the creature in question.

On the other hand, I completely get the "I only have limited time, so I have to prioritise" feeling!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.