Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install order?/Review
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Nazar
Sikret, Just wanted to know if this order looked good before I start. I have been hesitant to play IA due to difficulty however after many attempts at other AI mods you just cant beat the stability of IA. I will just have to force myself to relearn some tactics instead of crying over the losses.... rolleyes.gif I am planning on playing with core NPC's and was thinking about using a Swash.. for the protagonist. I have left out everything that I consider cheats from EOU. Any comments are welcome.

Regards Nazar

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

Oh and the non Weidu fixpack is installed.
Sikret
It looks fine; However, I strongly recommend to install IA after ALL other mods (including ToD). You can uninstall IA and install it again to make it the last mod in the list. Note that hitting the RE-install option will not do the trick; if you want to shift IA to be the last mod in the list, you should uninstall it and install it again.

Also, make sure to install the fixes I have uploaded to the forum. You can find their list and links in the initial post in the Progress Report for IA v6 thread.

Also the following 2 components of Rogue Rebalancing mod are redundant in your installation:

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Proper spell progression for Bards
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery

The component you have installed from EoU does change the bard spell progression table for you. The Revised Theivery component of RR is not needed either because IA takes care of the game's stores.

Nazar
Thanks for the quick response Sikret, that and the stability of IA is what I find most refreshing. I will make the necessary chnges and then its off to kicking monster butt!
Sikret
You are welcome, Nazar!

And thanks for the kind words.
aVENGER
QUOTE(Nazar @ Mar 4 2008, 03:55 PM) *
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements

Note that the Chosen of Cyric encounter will likely fail to trigger on your install due to an original game bug in the Graveyard area script which Baldurdash unfortunately doesn't fix. Therefore, after you defeat Bodhi in Chapter 6, you may need to use a workaround and enter a console command as described here. The same bug may also prevent Bodhi from spawning in chapter 2 if you choose to side with her.

QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 4 2008, 04:13 PM) *
The Revised Theivery component of RR is not needed either because IA takes care of the game's stores.

It can still be useful if he wants to make the effects of the Potions of Master Thievery non-stackable.
Nazar
Thanks Avenger for the insight I will look into the work around you included. Is there a hard fix that I can do beside the console. I know that in the past Sikret does not recommend using it due to the possibility of messing with IA.

Regards Nazar
aVENGER
QUOTE(Nazar @ Mar 4 2008, 09:04 PM) *
Thanks Avenger for the insight I will look into the work around you included. Is there a hard fix that I can do beside the console.

Not yet, but it will be included in the next version of RR.

I know that in the past Sikret does not recommend using it due to the possibility of messing with IA.

Using that single command shouldn't mess anything in IA since it merely spawns a RR specific creature which teleports the party to the CoC area and starts the encounter from there.
Nazar
Ok cool thanks for the info, Nazar
Sikret
Nazar,

I'm sure you are aware of the fact that with a thief protagonist you won't see many of the new quests added to the game. Why don't you have your Swashbuckler as a custom NPC and choose a different protagonist for yourself? The amount of new content you will have certainly outweighs the few banters and interjections you will lose by replacing an original NPC with a custom one.
Nazar
Hey Sikret, ok I agree....just got my butt kicked by Suna in the ambush....I know it was just a matter of party composition though.

Swashbuckler
Anomen
Minsc
Jaheria
Nalia
Aiere

Did not work so well, I was actually on my way to get Valygar but was interupted...lol. That first fight was really cool and after watching the enemies actions I realized that they were just doing what I would do, not cheating like others have said about this mod. It will just be a matter of rethinking how I play the game. Thanks for the advice I think I will go with Vagrant and see how I do!

Regards Nazar
Sikret
You can avoid the Suna-Seni encounter if you want by taking this path after exiting Irenicus's dungeon:

Promenade -> Slums -> Goverment district (talk to Delon and Tolgerias) -> City Gates (talk to the merchant and take the trademeet quest) -> Umar Hills -> Trademeet.

This path will ensure that the Suna-Seni encounter is postponed to later.
Nazar
Just wanted to tell everyone that this mod is not just stable, but great fun. I have played using a Vagrant (Female) and Ravens notional order and WOW it has been a blast. There have been no and I mean no stability issues and the chnages to the core game that I have encountered so far have made complete sense!

I am using EOU,TOD,IA and the Four and have had no prob's. I would encourage anyone who has spent the last year trying to make a mega mod work to give it up and try out the above install. Not only will you keep some of your hair, but you will actualy.....can you belive it....PLAY the game. Sorry if I offend any bug hunters sensibilties, I know there are those that enjoy CLUAing and editing and posting....HELP I am stuck....questions, but that is just not me. Thanks again Sikret for a great all around MOD. Fan for life!

Regards Nazar
Raven
QUOTE(Nazar @ Mar 31 2008, 12:43 PM) *
Just wanted to tell everyone that this mod is not just stable, but great fun. I have played using a Vagrant (Female) and Ravens notional order and WOW it has been a blast. There have been no and I mean no stability issues and the chnages to the core game that I have encountered so far have made complete sense!

I'm sure Sikret will be really happy to hear that smile.gif. One thing he has always tried to do is keep a close eye on stability and critical bugs that would cause crashes. How far through the game are you?
Nazar
I just payed the dough for the Linval key and got the first quest (Mook) and had to sleep. Damn work keeps getting in the way of my fun, but will play more tonight hopefully. i have collected some items for future upgrade and everyone is sitting around 10-11th level.

I do have one ? now that I think about it. Where are the permacy scrolls...lol...and are there any real rare items/scrolls that I need to be carefull with! ie not memorize!

R/ Nazar
Sikret
Thank you so very much for your kind words, Nazar!

As for your questions,

QUOTE(Nazar @ Mar 31 2008, 04:37 PM) *
I do have one ? now that I think about it. Where are the permacy scrolls

You won't miss them. They may be found anywhere.

and are there any real rare items/scrolls that I need to be carefull with! ie not memorize!

At this moment, I can only think of one case: If any of your mages has a wisdom lower than 18, don't waste your "Wish" scrolls by writing them in that particular mage's spellbook and keep the scrolls for item upgrades. Wish spell is worth learning only by mages who have 18 wisdom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.