Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coding pains
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Moongaze
I've been trying my hand at coding and other non-writing activities involved with modding. You know, ITM and CRE making. I remember some of it, but other things I sadly forgot during my absence. Even looking at Wikaede doesn't explain everything. Like, I see his SoA CRE file has MGWIKA.DLG as dialogue file. I forgot how to set such a thing to a custom DLG file. Right now my character has MULTIG.dlg as dialogue file, the standard multi-player responses.

I'm thinking writing TP2, install everything and then export my character again, convert CHR to CRE and voila, but I'm not sure.
I managed to create a character with a non-removable custom item, however, so that's something...
WizWom
There are a couple of excellent tutorials on creating NPCs.

I used one when I made my Jonathan NPC.

The Dialog change, though is simple - just change the resource reference in the CRE files.

Don't forget this stuff:
CODE
APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~WxJon                    WxJonP             WxJonJ   WxJonD      WxJon25P WxJon25J WxJon25D WxJon25~
UNLESS ~WxJon~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~WxJon    WxJonB WxJonB25~
UNLESS ~WxJon~
Pdialog is what dialog file the NPC will have, the interdia is the dialog files for interactions.
Moongaze
There are a couple of excellent tutorials on creating NPCs.

I haven't managed to find any. If they're at SHS forums, I can't view them.

But I remember that little bit in the 2da file. I forgot that one did the trick. I think it's just a matter of exporting afterwards... not sure if that's correct, or even necessary, but it's worth a shot. It worked for Wikaede.
Thanks. thumb.gif
Moongaze
QUOTE(WizWom @ Feb 20 2008, 10:15 AM) *

I'll have a look. And yeah, I'm IP banned at SHS, so sorry I can't view those.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.