Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check the Bodies and IA
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Fangolor
I am new to Improved Anvil, have read the readmes and gathered the appropriate mods I should be using.

I see that BP is not compatable with IA, but what about CtB? Is it also incompatable?

And what of the RTT kit mod that adds in the 33 kits from Return to Trademeet ? Is that incompatable?

And finally, what about the Level 1 NPC mod that lets you make the NPC's into characters you want to play as opposed to what Bioware wanted them to be? Is that incompatable?

Thanks, and thanks for making such an excellent mod
methusalar
I would not recommend playing IA and CtB together. I've find the gameplay of CtB very enjoyable, but it is also very buggy.

I've never played RTT, but if it's a large conversion/mod, then it is unlikely to work smoothly.

On a side note, IA is an enormous mod - it really is a total conversion that simply plays within the old game. As such it is not designed to be played with any other mods (apart from the odd tweak etc) - nor is it necessary. Apart from anything else, it is an extremely testing tactical mod and this can be ruined if you get extra kit/exp through another mod.
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, Fangolor!

QUOTE(Fangolor @ Feb 15 2008, 05:01 AM) *
I see that BP is not compatable with IA, but what about CtB? Is it also incompatable?

I don't know. If you want to test them, do it (on your own risk, of course) and I'll appreciate if you let me know the result (install IA after CtB). But if you want to play safe, it's best to follow methusalar's advice.

And what of the RTT kit mod that adds in the 33 kits from Return to Trademeet ? Is that incompatable?
From a technical point of view, kit mods are compatible with IA as long as they do not fill too many kit slots and leave enough slots for IA's kits and provided that the kits do not have access to new and powerful spells, HLAs and spell-like abilities or duplicates of tehe existent spells (for example, if a new fighter kit has the ability to cast a 'Breach-like' spell, it will be incompatible with IA). However, as methusalar pointed out, installing and playing unknown and probably overpowered kits (specially if those kits have certain immunities and abilities) will easily ruin your tactical experience of the game. If you have any particular kit in mind, feel free to send me a PM with the kit's description and I will give you my advice and opinion about it.

And finally, what about the Level 1 NPC mod that lets you make the NPC's into characters you want to play as opposed to what Bioware wanted them to be? Is that incompatable?

I recommend that you don't use it. For some Bioware NPCs (such as for example Jaheira, Mazzy, or Edwin) it won't cause problems, but It may create serious problems if you use it to change other certain Bioware NPCs' classes or kits (ex: Keldorn, Valygar, Imoen, Cernd, Anomen).

In general, it's safe not to tamper with Bioware NPCs at all. If you need a specific class or kit which is not there among them, create custom multi-player NPCs for yourself instead of changing the Bioware ones.

Thanks, and thanks for making such an excellent mod

You are most welcome. I hope that you will enjoy playing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.