Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offline for a few days (or more)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Sikret
Hi all,

My father-in-law is in a very bad health situation. He is now in a hospital far from my hometown and I'm going to set out for the place in a couple of hours. I won't have access to the Internet for a few days. Depending on his health conditions my absence may last longer or shorter.
coaster
Sorry to hear that Sikret. Best wishes to you & your family at this difficult time.

coaster
Moongaze
My sympathies.
We'll be here when you return.
trufa
I send also my best wishes
Clown
Very sorry to hear this, I hope that everything turns out for the best.

Best Wishes, Clown
luan
I hope everything works out well! Best wishes!
Ryel ril Ers
I hope your father will be better. Best wishes!
Shaitan
I'm sorry to hear that. I do hope the best for your father-in-law and all your family.

Regards
Shaitan
Sikret
Thank you very much for your kind words and sentiments, everyone!

His situation was initially very hopeless. However, he fortunately survived the critical initial conditions. He can now open his eyes and can hear and partially understand what people say, but still can't speak and can't recognize some people (ex: his own wife). Half of his body is currently paralyzed and the second half is too weak, but doctors beleive that he will gradually recover at least part of his control over his body and mind. One of his two lungs doesn't work at all and the other one works with problems; so he needs to constantly use extra oxygen. A pace maker is added to his heart as well. Two clots of blood have also remained as potential dangers in his brain. It's not possible to predict whether those clots will move and what the consequences will be if they move and change location.

I spent about 3 full days with him. Fortunately, he recognized me and smiled. smile.gif

There was little I could do by staying there; so, I returned for now.
Vardaman
Getting old is tough. sad.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Feb 18 2008, 09:21 PM) *
Getting old is tough. sad.gif

Yes, but he is just 62.
Sikret
I apologize for my relatively long absence. My father-in-law died 7 days ago.

I'm back now and I'll try to reply to my unread PMs and some of the public posts sent to the forum as soon as possible.
rbeverjr
I was afraid that may have been the reason for your absence. My condolences to you and your family.
Sikret
Thank you very much, rbeverjr.
GreyArea
That is very sad news mate.

My condolences to yourself and your family also, loosing someone is always tough.

Take care mate
Sir-Kill
My condolences to you and yours
luan
Sorry to hear Sikret. You have my condolences as well.
Shaitan
What a tragedy, but it is as I feared. My condolences to you and your family.
Sikret
Thank you so much, everyone!

It's as GreyArea said: Losing someone is always tough. Losing her father is extremely tough for my wife. Losing him is very tough for me too. However, thinking of two points makes it easier for me to tolerate the grief.

First, my father-in-law died sooner than his children. Losing one's father is tough, but losing one's child is much tougher. I'm happy for every father who dies soon enough not to experience the crushing disaster of seeing his own child's decease.

Second, some important parts of his body were almost completely paralyzed during the last few weeks. He was not even able to breathe easily. Staying alive would just mean more pain for him.

Dying at the right time is itself part of the life's happiness for any human being. Thinking of these facts brings a small faint smile on my face when I think about my father-in-law. He died almost at the right time. I'm sad for my wife and for myself, but I'm (in a way) happy for him.
Shadan
I know how hard could be this, Sikret. I lost my mother 2 years ago in a car accident... Was really, really hard to live with that... Your thoughts and feelings what you wrote here were a very very good ones, and I am happy to see you with this good spirit after this tragedy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.