Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do not pickpocket
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Mongerman
Not sure if its a bug, but in my game, even if you get away with pickpocketing the shadow thieves, they turn hostile again when you re-enter the area, and then of cos its game over for you. Does anyone have a similar experience?
aVENGER
Note that the engine treats a failed pickpocket check as an attack. Sometimes, it takes a while for this to kick in i.e. when you make several consecutive pickpocket attempts.

BTW, the Shadow Thieves are fairly difficult to pickpocket because they have thief class levels. Any other character with thief levels acts the same.
Sikret
QUOTE(Mongerman @ Jan 30 2008, 10:15 AM) *
Not sure if its a bug, but in my game, even if you get away with pickpocketing the shadow thieves, they turn hostile again when you re-enter the area, and then of cos its game over for you. Does anyone have a similar experience?

If it happens after successful pickpockets, then it is a bug; but it has certainly nothing to do with IA. You will need to send me the content of your WeiDu.log file (copy and paste its content).
Ryel ril Ers
My experience is it only happens if you use the fake talk tactics to pickpocket. If the pick failed and you talked to the target he remain neutral but there is a small chance that he turn agains you later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.