Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me decide on a blitz/flanker fighter
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Mongerman
I trying to decide between a f/m or kensai for my last character. This character will wait in the background till enemies engage my tanks, then move to lay down the smackdown. Hence, the point is not to get hit, and to do as much dmg as possible.

Should I go for the extra dmg a kensai provides, or a f/m for added survibility and some extra spell casting ability?

Also, does the increase range of 2 handed weapons provide any tactical advantage? Since if not, I rather go for dual wielding for the increased damage
Raven
QUOTE(Mongerman @ Jan 27 2008, 05:38 AM) *
I trying to decide between a f/m or kensai for my last character. This character will wait in the background till enemies engage my tanks, then move to lay down the smackdown. Hence, the point is not to get hit, and to do as much dmg as possible.

Should I go for the extra dmg a kensai provides, or a f/m for added survibility and some extra spell casting ability?

Also, does the increase range of 2 handed weapons provide any tactical advantage? Since if not, I rather go for dual wielding for the increased damage

Looking at your party I would say a f/m would make a far better tank than the berserker or a divine spellcaster (ranger/cleric etc.) basically because he can protect himself far better.

As has been mentioned before, it's hard to protect a Kensai (even if you only try to bring him into the battle once the tanks have engaged the enemy). IA enemies will switch targets especially if they find they are unable to hurt their initial target.

You already have a Vagrant and Berserker. I would suggest a F/M over a third single class fighter-type character.
Mongerman
That was what i was afraid of, which was why I made sure my tank could dish out hefty dmg as well, so that the enemy will not switch targets

And I've actually changed my party. I decided to leave the vagrant for my next playthrough, since I have no previous experience with a ranger, and I would like to familarise myself with the strategic component of IA first

My new party is

1. Sorcerer
2. Berserker (flails/longsword with shield) My ac tank
3. Swashie/cleric (dualed immediatly) Divine caster
4. R/C multi (clubs/hammer) Secondary divine caster and melee powerhouse as well
5. Blade (arcane tank with high AC as well)

I believe I already have a good balance of magic and melee, which is why I'm still deliberating on my last character. He does have 2 tanks to hide behind afterall. But I also remember the extended windspear quests, where you are so swamped 2 tanks dont help much.
Clown
As six i would take a f/m or better f/i with halberds and staves as it would give a very dependable tank that can dish good damage as well as a strong backup caster and a second level 9/10 caster in late game. Also the unique ability to cast the most devastating offensive spell in the game comes in handy, timestop + GWW using either dragon lord or staff of the ram +6. Alternatively an extra standard tank could be good, you could even just put your vagrant on to that party as they are an extremely strong class and the additional content is some of the best.
Sikret
QUOTE(Clown @ Jan 28 2008, 02:59 AM) *
you could even just put your vagrant on to that party as they are an extremely strong class and the additional content is some of the best.

Yes, make the vagrant your protagonist and shift the sorcerer to the 6th slot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.