Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who was 'The Good'?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Sikret
This is a question for those who have completed the new vagrant-specific quest. I think that there can be little (if any) controversy over the identities of "the bad" and "the ugly" among those who have completeld the quest (of course before finishing the quest their identities are also unknown and should be discovered gradually during doing the quest, but once you have done the quest, you won't wonder who was the ugly or who was the bad. But this may be a bit different with 'The Good'). The question is after completing the quest, whom do you consider to fit best (storywise) to be "The Good" in that quest?

Of course, by "The Good" I'm not referring merely to alignment. The question is about the story of the quest. Which of those five characters you see as "The Good" to complete the triangle of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in that quest?

Send no spoilers about the quests' content please. The Majority of players have not reached that quest in their games yet. Vote for your choice, but be careful that your comments do not reveal anything spoilerish about the content of the quest. Specifically, do not reveal the identity and the location of "The Bad" and do not say anything about the location of "The Ugly" (not even inside the spoiler tags). I'm sure you can write interesting things without spoiling the fun of playing the quest for other players.
Clown
I'm torn between myself and one other as the good in the quest but have voted with the first answer that came to me. Overall this was one of the most satisfying quests added by IA especially the final battle, the extra element to worry about really made it feel very different. It also gave you that extra thing to worry about and made it essential to re-assess your usual tactics.
Raven
I voted for the swanmay. To me the other characters who could be considered 'The Good' were secondary to the main plot.
Sikret
QUOTE(Clown @ Jan 20 2008, 03:00 AM) *
Overall this was one of the most satisfying quests added by IA especially the final battle, the extra element to worry about really made it feel very different. It also gave you that extra thing to worry about and made it essential to re-assess your usual tactics.

Thank you, Clown! I'm very glad that you have liked the quest. Do you mean that it was even more satisfying than The Mystery of the Shimmering Light? I have received several comments from various players telling me that the Shimmering Light quest is not only the best quest in IA, but also the best quest ever created for BG2. I'll be immesurably glad to know that The Good, the Bad and the Ugly can also receive the same amount of interest. smile.gif

It's the players' interest in this mod and its content which has encouraged me to keep working on it. Thanks again.

@Raven

The quest has three different and parallel plots. Depending on which plot you consider as the core, the identity of 'The Good' will probably vary. That's why I had thought that the poll's question would receive different answers from different players.
Clown
I think that this was certainly as good as shimmering lights. I probably preffered the new one however as I like to see quests and battles which have a bit of a different feel to them or impose new conditions on the player which the good, the bad and the ugly did in a couple of places with the diviners price and the final battle.
Kerkes
For me, the good is the ugly one. He did probably the most moral thing in his situation.
And yeah it's a great quest, for me much better than mystery of shimmering.
Sikret
QUOTE(Kerkes @ Jul 25 2008, 04:24 AM) *
For me, the good is the ugly one. He did probably the most moral thing in his situation.

This is an interesting angle to look at the events. But, did you actually put him in a situation to do what he said he would do?
Kerkes
Sorry, I was off line for a few days, but I'm back now. Had to finish IA! And did. smile.gif
I think you're refering to dialogue options you get. I tought of it like this: He has a nice background story. He probably did the bad thing he does because he was threatend or something by the bad. The bad is a mega powerful character (probably) who is more then able to force a poor guy like him into stealing something (which is by no means easy) from a group of very powerful creatures. I doubt he would do that by his own free will. So, I assumed he was forced into doing it. So, he probably put his own life in danger to protect his family. Besdies, I'm also kind of guy who values family over any morale.
I didn't put him in any "bad" situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.