Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baldurash text upgrade
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Shadan
I read in IA5 bug report, there is some problem with Baldurash text upgrade regarding weapon's description. In my game Remove Paralysis doesn't mention removing stun effect. Maybe there should be similar problems with spell descriptions also? Is any way to safely remove baldurash text upgrade, or overwrite it with IA? I don't want to lose my savegame, but I fear I will miss some important thing cause of spell/item descriptions are not correct.
luan
I too would like to know.
Sikret
As far as I know, there is no reliable way to uninstall the Baldurdash text update in the middle of a game. Next time you want to start a new game, uninstall all of your mods, make a clean installation of the game without the Baldurdash game text update. Then install Baldurdash fixpack and your mods.

You can also make a copy of your entire BG2 folder as a backup (after installing Baldurdash fixpack and before installing any mods) and save it somewhere (you can even zip the back up if you have Hard disk capacity problems). With that backup, you won't need to install the game from the CDs next time you need a clean installation. All you will need to do is replacing the entire BG2 folder with the backed up one (if you have zipped the back up, you will obviously need to unzip it before replacing).
Shadan
If I uninstall full BG2, but backup savegame files earlier, then can I reload those saves in a fresh reinstallation of the game?
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Jan 11 2008, 10:39 PM) *
If I uninstall full BG2, but backup savegame files earlier, then can I reload those saves in a fresh reinstallation of the game?

Not if the list of your installed patches and mods (or even their install order) has changed.
Baronius
Actually, it may be possible after all. I've taken a very quick look at Baldurdash Game Text update (are we talking about this file: "English-Language Game Text Update v1.2 (2003 - Mar. - 08)"?), and I see a possible way. However, I would need more time to examine it better, so I can't guarantee I can check it in this week.

Is it a big problem for you to restart the game, shadan? (I guess yes, because you've surely already solved several Improved Anvil challenges and quests...)
Shadan
Baronius, thank you, but don't spend time on examination on Baldurash text upgrade. Simply it doesn't worth it. I definiately don't want to start new game since I did 2 hard batlles, and several medium ones. Also I spent many hours with pickpocketing, so too much time involved in current game. But some inconsistencies in weapon or spell descriptions are not too big problem.
Baronius
Baronius, thank you, but don't spend time on examination on Baldurash text upgrade. Simply it doesn't worth it.
Actually, it's a very easy thing, but I even don't have BG2 installed in the location I'm at the moment. It doesn't require me to check any of Text Update's concrete strings. Nevermind. I'll see if I have time, and will inform you (and all those who are interested) if there is any improvement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.