Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racial enemy
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Shadan
I am curious what type of favoured enemy did u chose for your ranger. I am thinking on golems, many and hard enemy in IA, but raksahasa, lich or demonic would be fine also. wink.gif
Ryel ril Ers
I choose the demonic foes, because there horde of them in the ToB and the watchers keep and there are many in the SoA part like planar sphere and the Kua Toa chambers.

The golems have too good physical resist so the +4 damage bonus is completely miss and a ranger has good thaco. And there are new antigolem spells in the game.

Rakashas also seems a good choice because you want beat some of them early and that time the +4 thaco and damage bonus is so good.

(Amióta folytattam a topicod kezdek angolul gondolkozni. smile.gif ) Sorry, but i made a comment from my english in hungarian.
Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 4 2008, 02:57 AM) *
(Amióta folytattam a topicod kezdek angolul gondolkozni. smile.gif ) Sorry, but i made a comment from my english in hungarian.

Can you tell use the English translation of the sentence or is that a secret? smile.gif
Shaitan
Actually I choosed golems, but as Ryel points out I could have choosen better wink.gif
Ryel ril Ers
I only say since that time i open my topic i started thinking in english. smile.gif

This is good thing because i must practice it (i need take an exam from it next year) so if i write down wrong or disunderstable sentences plese pm me. smile.gif
Shadan
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 4 2008, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 4 2008, 02:57 AM) *

Can you tell use the English translation of the sentence or is that a secret? smile.gif

It means: I started to think in english since I continued your this topic. smile.gif

Ps. Your = Shadan

Well, Ryel was faster. smile.gif
Sikret
Thanks for the translation, guys!

By the way, I think this topic's title should have been "Racial Enemy" rather than "Fovoured Enemy". When I saw the title first, I thought it was going to be a question such as "which battle did you enjoyed most?" (or something like that) smile.gif

Do you want to change the title, shadan?
lroumen
I picked Golem because there are supposed to be so many new ones. Thing is... I haven't seen many yet and I would rather have taken spiders (due to the new ones) if they had been mentioned more in the readme.

I normally enjoy taking undead as well, but you can *poof* those quite decently with a high level cleric (Anomen or Viconia).
Shadan
Yes, Sikret, pls chnage the topic name. I always missing 2nd and 3rd edition voculabry. smile.gif
Frazurblu
I think that the most useful choices are either Golems or Spiders.
Golems are plentiful throughout the game and a +4 bonus against the entry level Golems (Coin and Gem) can make a big difference early on. Defeating these Golems is not only good for advancing through quests but also for gaining revenue in this cash strapped mod.
Spiders are also plentiful early on and a +4 bonus is vital against the new improved ones. These Spiders are potential plot stoppers if not defeated and are must kill creatures in the early-middle game.
Both Golems and the more powerful Spiders are very hard to defeat with magic therefore having melee bonus is very useful.

As to others;
Rakshasas are in the early game but then they disappear until the end of SoA. Also a +4 bonus is not much good against Absolute Immunity and I find the early ones not hard to kill once it wears off.
Liches again are easy to kill if you can hit them so a bonus is of little use.
Demonic is a reasonable choice but not as good as Spiders or Golems because they are not as plentiful and occur later in the game when any reasonable party should be tough enough and well equiped enough to deal with them (Judgment Day encounters excepted).
In fact one of my pet peeves is that Demons and Devils should be among the most brutal adversaries in the whole game yet is harder to kill a golem or a greater carrion crawler
Zarathustra
I chose Golems, too, under the impression that one only gets a bonus to hit against one's racial enemy, not to damage as well. The damage bonus would indeed be wasted against Golems, but not necessarily the bonus to hit.

If it's indeed a bonus to hit and to damage, I would perhaps choose Dragon in the future.
matti
Golems! Just like Valygar's. grinteeth.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.