Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please tell me more info about the compatibility with game enhancing mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
nerieo
As Vlad said, NEJ is most compatible with Improved Anvil. But I think Improved Anvil is

too difficult for me, so could anyone give more info for the NEJ compatibility with the

game enhancing mod, such as: Tactics, Improved Battles, Ascension, Sword Coast

Stratagems II...

Thank you!
Sikret
As Vlad has mentioned before:

QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 5 2006, 04:57 PM) *
If you like Tactics or Improved Battles or any other similiar game enhancing mod, I would recommend installing Improved Anvil with NeJ2. It is most probably compatible with NeJ2, but it should be tested in practice for 100% certainty. The party after finishing BG1 + NeJ2 Part 1 is too powerful and it is a good idea to have IA's enhanced battles added to the game, specially because IA is so far the only tactical mod which is most likely compatible with NeJ2.

In other words, after finishing the first part of NEJ2, your party will probably be powerful enough to handle IA's battles much more easily. So, I don't think that you should worry much about the difficulty.

Moreover, consider the fact that IA is not comparable with any of those other mods you mentioned. IA is not merely a tactical mod; it adds lots of new quests, a unique item randomizer, and a big amount of new content to your game.

Of course, the full compatibility of IA and NEJ2 has not been tested yet. But as mentioned before, if you encounter any conflicts between the two mods, we will be here to resolve any possible issue.

The final decision is yours to make, of course.
nerieo
Sikret, thank you for your reply. As a novice for BG, I just played BG for several times, so I'm

afraid of your mod. But I think I will try it, do you have any advice for me which I could make

my adventure in IA easier? Just like, don't install some part of your mod, the team formation...

And because I have already installed NEJ first, could you give me a recommed install order/list

if I want to install IA? Now, I like to install to XP mod, do you recommend it?

Sikret
QUOTE(nerieo @ Dec 25 2007, 07:04 PM) *
And because I have already installed NEJ first, could you give me a recommed install order/list

If it was Tortured Souls, I would say that IA could be installed after it with little risk; but since it is NEJ2, I don't recommend it. What I recommend is this:

1- Uninstall NEJ2
2- Install IA
3- Install NEJ2 again

if I want to install IA? Now, I like to install to XP mod, do you recommend it?

If you are referring to the XP cap remover component of Ease-of-use, it has no problem with IA (and should be installed before IA); but since you have NEJ2 as well, you should not install any component of Ease-of-use. See Vlad's recommended install order again or ask him for more information.
nerieo
I v read your advice and the recommendation of Vlad on mods, then I think the only

install order I could use is

SoA + ToB + ToB patch + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 + IA + NeJ2 v6.9.3

And I have two more questions:

1, Could Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 works correctly with IA, or I should use none-WeiDu version?

2, If I uninstall NEJ and reinstall like above, can I use the save-game before? Or I should start a new game?
Sikret
QUOTE(nerieo @ Dec 26 2007, 12:28 PM) *
1, Could Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.64 works correctly with IA, or I should use none-WeiDu version?

Since you are going to install NEJ2, you should use the WeiDu version recommended by Vlad.

2, If I uninstall NEJ and reinstall like above, can I use the save-game before? Or I should start a new game?

You will have to start a new game for sure. After starting a new BG2 game, you should wait enough in Irenicus' dungeon to see the message "Item Randomizer Successfully Initiated" on the screen. Then, you can leave the dungeon. It usually takes less than 40 seconds to see this message.
Vlad
Simple uninstall of NeJ2 may cause problems. Normally I advise to backup your override folder and dialog.tlk file before installation of the mods. If you do not have backups of the original override and dialog.tlk, then please uninstall your present installation of the game, remove everything, and install again SoA, ToB, ToB patch, Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.65, make backups of override folder and dialog.tlk file, and only then install IA, NeJ2 v6.9.1 and NeJ2 patch v6.9.4. Then start a new game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.