Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: some questions about ia5.0 in my solo (SPOILER!)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
k7abcd
Hi , these days i was trying to solo ia5.0(this time i didnt setup mods like Tactics and so on because setup them will make difficulty very low because of the exp and item these mods give . ia5.0 is the only mod i have setuped) with a halfelf f/m in the highest difficuty . I know maybe i can't finish it ,but i just want to know how far i can go , I think it is so hard . Now i am in the chapter 3 , fighter level 18 and mage level 17 . I have some questions to ask .
SPOILER!

first I'll give the quests i have finished:

(my english is very very poor , so i have to find the english quest name in the document.txt in ia5.0...)

- Slums
- Improved Copper Coronet
- Guarded Lilarcor
- Improved Slavers' Ship Building

- Bridge District
- Improved Planar Prison
- Tougher Gracen (guild's contact)

- The Docks
- Improved Pirates' Hideout
- Temple District
- Tougher Tarnor the Hatchetman and Party (Sewers encounter)
- Improved Rakshasa encounter
- Improved Mekrath and the Imp
- Guarded Ashideena
- Improved Unseeing Eye
(i don't know what is Theshal ,is it the monsters on the way to unseeing eye's Lair? i used my chinese version, the only english in my game is the ia5.0 part)

- Graveyard District
- Slightly Improved Spider Ambush at the entrance to Pai'Na's hideout
- Tougher Pai'Na
- Slightly Improved Tanova (chapter 3)
(i don't know what is Nevaziah)

- City Gates
- Improved City Gate's Lich

- Umar Hills
- Improved Shadow Temple:
- Tougher Shadow Jailor
(when i was going to see the shadow dragon , i was beaten by the skelecton grandlord ...... i will say about them later in this post)

- Windspear Hills
- Improved guardians of pieces of Burial Mask
- Tougher Fire Elemental Guardian of the Tomb
- Improved Samia and Party
- Tougher Tazok
- Improved Conster
- Improved Firkraag

- Trademeet & Druid Grove
- Improved Trademeet Crypt
- Guarded Store Tower in Druid Grove area (i.e. Belm scimitar is no easy treasure) -- Suggested
by Shaitan
- Slightly Improved Dalok and companions
- Slightly Improved Faldorn

- Improved De'Arnise Keep
- New species of monsters in the Keep
- Improved Greater Yuan-Ti
- New location and Guardian for Flail Head (cold)
- Guarded Flail Head (Fire)
- Guarded Frostreaver
- Improved Glaicas
- Improved TorGal
(i can't find the third flail head , where it is?though i don't wish to use it this time)

i find that it's impossible to kill the skelecton grandlord ,+3 weapon is no effect , and the only weapon >+3 i have got is Carsomyr............ this first time skelecton grandlord prevent me is on the way to shadow dragon .

And i can't clear Improved Illithid Hideout , then i tryed to go to the Improved Planar Sphere, then ,,, i was so despond( I don't know whether this word is right here ,i just find it in the chinese-english dictionary ) to find there is a skelecton grandlord in Demons' plane ......then what i have done for the battle before is just a waste of time ......

I am skilled in
long sword(for Hesperus +5) 2star
war hammer(for thor) 2star
bastard sword(for death of a thousand cut, btw ,who is ho mang ? is he a chinese? i only know wong fei (wong fei ' ioun stone) is a famous chinese martial artist in the history)ready for 2 star ,but only 1 star now
sword like blem( for blem) 2star
double weapon 3star

i want to know where can i get +4 or more weapons in these tapes in chapter 3?(except in watcher's keep , i can't kill the Guard Bell and Candle , i guess it need +4 weapon ,too)

if i can't get them in chapter 3 , i will go to chapter 4 ,who can tell me ,is there any monsters immunity to +3 weapon during chapter 4 and chapter 5? Please answer me...

say something about the battle i have done which is need +3 weapon . i was casting the level 4 spell enchanted weapon , and i have to use unskilled weapon to kill coin golem ... I have never thought about using this spell before i play ia5.0 .......

at last , i must say my english is so poor ,,, please forgive me...

And i must thank Sikret works so hard on this mod , it really have the best AI amoug all the mods , when i end my solo (whether finish it or not) , i'll enjoy it with a six-party .

Edited by Sikret to remove a very strong and unnecessary spoiler
Raven
Hi, k7abcd,

Firstly, as Sikret has said several times, it is NOT recommended to play IA with a solo character. So don't complain when you find it too hard wink.gif. But I guess most likely you know that...

Secondly, please edit your posts for SPOILERS! Especially your comment about the Docks! It's not fair for people who have not got that far in the game yet.

In answer to your question, there are very few +4 weapons available in Chapter 3. I suggest you look in the items readme for some ideas (at least one of the +4 weapons there can be forged in chapter 3).
k7abcd
Thank you for you reply first !

I just want to know how far i can go ,and later I'll destory all the enemies who dare to stand in my way cool.gif with a 6 party . I think I got enough informations about the monster and AI about ia5.0 during my solo .

And i want to know whether there is any +4 weapon for what i skilled in during chapter 4 or 5(though i think the possibility is so small , i only know Crom Faeyr , and it need back in chapter 6 to forge) . and is there any monsters need+4 weapon to kill during chapter 4 or 5?If it is , I'll try to forge +4 long sword ...... i haven't check it whether the Permanency Scroll is enough ... and i think it is not useful for me ... even though i doubt whether i can kill the skelecton grandlord ... they have 90% resist for long sword ......
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, k7abcd!
QUOTE(k7abcd @ Dec 24 2007, 05:17 AM) *
is there any monsters need+4 weapon to kill during chapter 4 or 5?

Yes, if your protagonist has more than a specific amount of xp, you will encounter nasty monsters which require +4 weapons to hit during chapters 4 and 5. Since you have already encountered Skeleton Grandlords, it proves that your protagonist has already passed that borderline of xp.

Keep us updated about your progress and as Raven mentioned, use spoiler tags. The icon which is like a lamp will open spoiler tags for you.
k7abcd
THANKS for your reply ! Since my english is very poor , it takes me some time to know what is the meaning of spoiler ... the two languages some times hard to translate into each other simplely by the dictionary ...

SPOILER!

In my jonrney , I only got one Permanency Scroll ... and I have used it for my haste boots already ....... So I guess maybe it have some problems on my setup? my setup is : first I setup ia5.0 only and start the game , then ,when i was in chapter 2 , I setuped ascension mod when I killed the unseeing eye quest before i go to Trademeet (at that time I can't kill the Rakshasa in sewer , and i have copyed my game with the ia5.0(only one mod) version for standby ) , then i finished druid grove quest , and then i go to windspear , cleared first floor , and was back when i see the golems in the second floor . but ,when i return to the sewer and try to kill rakshasa , i find rakshasa' name is tens of word which is actually the npc Anomen's end narration ! ,,, fortunately i had a copy of my old game setup , then i used my old game setup to continue my jornrney ,and the rakshasa's name is right again . and i find that the words is wrong with the windspear dungeons second floor's golem ! the official part is no ploblem . then I copy the save to the game with two mods and finished the windspear , then i copy my save back to the game with only one ia5.0 mod and continues my jonrney, I don't know whether it will take damege to the random items system ......

And, I wonder if I use shadowkeeper to edit my weapon skill , is it will take damage to the random items system? because when i start my game I don't know the ease mod's xp cap remover is recommeded , and i selected skill point to the weapon type which I will use it very later ...

say something about the game ... I find it is possible to sleep in some battle and this will greatly reduce the difficulty . Just like the plane prison's final battle , maybe you will say the boss will rebuffed after your sleep ,but if you kill the two dogs before the boss clear all the prisoners , you will be able to have a save ,,, and have a good sleep ,then the buffs on boss faded ,and he came to you without any buff ,,, then i easily killed him ... i think if he keeps his buff , I had to load my save game before I enter the plane prison ...... the same thing happened in the red dragon battle , when he pushed me so far away , i was able to have a save , and a good sleep .......

These days I will have some final exams at school , I shall continue my jonrney maybe later than half a month ...
Sikret
I'm sorry to inform you that your game is broken, k7abcd!

No mods should be installed after IA. Improved Anvil needs to be the last mod you install. Moreover, Ascension is incompatible with IA. If you had installed it before IA, IA would have given error messages during installation. But since you have installed Ascension after IA, you have completely broken enemies' scripts in IA. The battles in your current game are far easier than the same battles in other players' games, because enemies have broken scripts in your game.

Uninstall all of your mods. Install Ease-of-Use before IA. Don't install Ascension at all. IA should be the last mod you install. Then, you have to start a new game. There is no way for you to continue your current game. I'm sorry, you should have read the mod's installation instructions carefully and should have known that no mod can be installed after IA.
k7abcd
... I got it ,maybe i will restart my game later , and thank you for the information you give ! I think when i start a new game i will enjoy my game more than this time .

But i still have a question , i have only used the bad game set for several unmoded battle and the only moded battle in this bad game i played is the windspear part . when i finished the windspear , I used my old game set(with only one mod ia5.0) to play , and I before i clear windspear ,just at the time I find the rashaka in sewer have some problem ,then i used my old right game set to play , either . I wonder whether i have the right ai5.0 game at these time ?

when i setup the ease mod ,i was follow the information you give in the document , so the ease mod have no problem .
Sikret
QUOTE(Raven @ Dec 24 2007, 12:34 AM) *
Secondly, please edit your posts for SPOILERS! Especially your comment about the Docks! It's not fair for people who have not got that far in the game yet.

Ah, my goodness! I just noticed what he had written about the Docks! The first time I read the post, I didn't see it. I just edited his post and removed that part.

@k7abcd

Please, don't write that kind of strong and unnecessary spoilers in your public posts, not even in spoiler tags.

k7abcd
Oh , now I begin to realize what I can say and what i can't ... um ,that will not happen again ...

And , how about my saved games metioned in 7# post ? are they be able to continues? Though when I create my protagonist I don't know there is no wisdom potions forever in ia5.0 ...
Sikret
QUOTE(k7abcd @ Dec 24 2007, 06:23 PM) *
that will not happen again ...

Thanks.

And , how about my saved games metioned in 7# post ? are they be able to continues? Though when I create my protagonist I don't know there is no wisdom potions forever in ia5.0 ...

No, amend your installation and start a new game.
k7abcd
well , I think I shall start the new game in late this month .

At last ,thank you for your so soon reply and making a so good mod to us !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.