Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The disappearing JD sword?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
LZJ
I have experienced a problem with the JD sword in IA v5 (it disappearing), which I never experienced in v4.2...

SPOILER!
In my vagrant game, I collected all the components for the JD sword in SOA, but I did not forge it then, as I was worried about the difficulty of the battle I would have to face. Hence, I decided to postpone the forging to TOB. This is what occurred:

After facing the battle in the Oasis, I went to the Watcher's Keep to complete the Demogorgon battle, following which I went to the WK outdoors. I Pocket Planed and forged the JD, which told me I had to defeat so-and-so within 7 days, and I Pocket Planed back to WK again. Met the Demon Prince, chose the first dialogue option. Here's where it got strange:

My protaganist was wielding the sword when after a round or so, it disappeared! I have played the game legitimately and without cheating, so this came as a shock to me. Even so, after a few reloaded attempts to prevent the sword disappearing (putting it in my inventory instead of my weapon slot etc), I decided to go through with the battle and see if I could get it back. I didn't, even after wiping out the Demon Prince and his whole bunch of summons (which was rather tough without the sword).

Can anyone help me? I swear I did not cheat, and I installed only the mods in the Readme, with IA last of course.

UPDATE:
The above only happens when I Pocket Plane directly to the battleground. I tried reloading, going to Amkethran first and then forging the JD sword. Went from there to the battleground, and the sword did not disappear. It's a partial relief: found a workaround, but I would have to fight the battle again. sad.gif Perhaps the above was just some errant bug? I'm not sure now.
Sikret
It's not a bug. The way it works is this:

If after meeting the demon prince (which means you have already forged the sword), you flee to pocket plane, the sword will disappear. The point is to block the possibility to get back to pocket plane to buff and return.

If you do the battle in SOA, you can't prebuff, because travelling to WK takes time and your buffs will expire. I added this measurement to make sure that doing the battle in TOB won't be easier than doing it in SOA.

Once you meet the demon prince, you should not teleport to pocketplane before defeating him.

Please test it again and confirm that it works exactly the way I explained.

BTW, I know you didn't cheat. If you had cheated, the sword would have disappeared even in other areas.
LZJ
Thanks for the quick reply, Sikret. However, the above doesn't work for me: the JD sword disappears within a round or so after I meet the Demon Prince (I did not teleport back to the Pocket Plane after meeting him, but instead attack him head-on with my fighters), if I teleport directly to WK from the Pocket Plane. However, it does not disappear if I walk to WK from another locale, so that's what I'll do.
Sikret
Thanks for the feedback. I can't test it in my own game right now. Will you test it again if I send you a fix file? If yes, let me know and also keep the saved game just before forging the sword in pocket plane.
LZJ
I wouldn't mind testing out the fix, as long as I don't have to finish the battle, as that usually takes a rather long time. smile.gif And yes, I still have a savegame just before forging the JD sword.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.