Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Location of 48-sided Garnet? Spoiler/hints request
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
LZJ
I can't seem to find the 48-sided garnet, which is an upgrade component of the Holy Avenger and the Wounding Bastard sword. I have completed every encounter possible in SoA save the fight with Demogorgon and the fight after forging the Judgment Day Sword. Any hints on where it may be found?
Sikret
Yes, finding this unique gem is not easy. I'm not going to spoil its location. If a player has found it, send me a PM (do not spoil it in a public post) and I will give you a gift for your cleverness (i.e. I will add an item upgrade to the mod with your suggested recipe and with your own name if you want; or I will improve an enemy in the way you suggest smile.gif ).

Edit: I will know if you have really found it in the game or have used an editor or some modding tools to find its location. The gift is only for those who have found the gem normally and while playing the game.
Vardaman
I can't believe I didn't find it before. cool.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Jan 6 2008, 02:50 AM) *
I can't believe I didn't find it before. cool.gif

Congratulations for finding it, Vardaman!

And I received your PM. Thanks! However, Vik was the first person who sent me a PM about the gem's location and he is the winner of the gift. leonidas, LZJ and you stand next to him, because Vik was faster. Nonetheless, you three can also send me your suggestions. I will implement them as well, though they will need to wait in queue. smile.gif
Beowulf
i also cant find the 48 sided gem, please send a pm if you have any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sikret
QUOTE(Beowulf @ Apr 4 2008, 03:20 AM) *
i also cant find the 48 sided gem, please send a pm if you have any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I was absent when you sent this post. Have you received your PM or do you still need help? (If the latter, do you need just some hints to help you find the item yourself or rather a fully spoilerish PM telling you its exact location?)
psychlopes
some hints please
Sikret
QUOTE(psychlopes @ Apr 7 2008, 01:35 AM) *
some hints please

The problem is that I do not know how far you have gone through the game and which quests you have finished. It's still possible that you have simply not reached that part of the game yet and that you don't really need any hints exept "keep playing and looking!"

If you have gone through most of the game and you think that you have probably missed it and left it somewhere behind, send me a PM with the list of the quests you have NOT done. I will send you some small hints (I say small hints, because I trust you agree that the satisfaction of finding such hard-to-find items will be maximum if you find them yourself).
Beowulf
i have recieved a hint, but not a direct location, so ill try to find it on my own again, and repost if i still cant find it, thanks
Jon Irenicus
Mm, i got only the elven city suldeneselar left to do in SoA and still haven't found this gem.Could someone give me a hint?
Jon Irenicus
Thanks to Clown for the quick reply.Well looks like i wont be able to get it since i don't meet the quest requirements (i am an evil bastard rolleyes.gif)Maybe on a future play of IA i will get it.Thanks anyway.
Sikret
QUOTE(Jon Irenicus @ Jun 6 2008, 04:06 AM) *
Well looks like i wont be able to get it since i don't meet the quest requirements (i am an evil bastard rolleyes.gif )

This is (still) a bit spoilerish. No spoilers should leak out from public posts about the 48-sided Garnet's location, folks!

Thanks in advance.
Purifier
Can somebody send me a hint about finding 48-sided garnet? Via PM.
Sikret
I sent you an e-mail.
Tonpikls
I would like a PM too, been looking around for this item for so long.
Mjolnir88
In SOA all i have left is twisted rune + irenicus.
In WK all i have left is ancient dragon + puzzle + demogorgon

Chaos beast + roenall fight (possible other encounters that im forgetting about as well) didnt spawn for me

Just curious if i missed it. If you could please send a PM with some hints i'd appreciate it.
Sikret
QUOTE(Mjolnir88 @ Nov 23 2009, 10:25 PM) *
In SOA all i have left is twisted rune + irenicus.
In WK all i have left is ancient dragon + puzzle + demogorgon

Chaos beast + roenall fight (possible other encounters that im forgetting about as well) didnt spawn for me

Just curious if i missed it. If you could please send a PM with some hints i'd appreciate it.

I'll send you an e-mail.
Edwaedos
I cant find it either. please can you send me a hint. all I have left is irenicus and the watcher's keep
Sikret
QUOTE(Edwaedos @ Mar 7 2010, 02:06 AM) *
I cant find it either. please can you send me a hint. all I have left is irenicus and the watcher's keep

Just sent you an e-mail with the spoilers. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.