Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Vik
First of all I want to thank u for the great work making the IA . Found it very interesting to play with IA.

Been visiting this forum quite a while.

during the the fight with Viper Queen i noticed that HLa greater elemental summoning is very underpowered,
even prince could not last against 2 giant cobras and 1 mutated more than 3-4 rounds blink.gif
found this a bit strange biggrin.gif
ROAHDEA
Even in vanilla game,strangely, i did not find elemental prince tough.. i do not use that kind of gateing
Vik
sry didnt know lol rolleyes.gif the thing is i didnt use summons in vanila game at all biggrin.gif
started to use summons only in IA because found them quite usefull
Raven
Many summons in IA are useful, for instance Mordy's swords and Planetars. However, in the harder battles of the mod (such as the one you mentioned) even the most powerful summons are not so powerful compared to the enemy.
ROAHDEA
QUOTE(Vik @ Dec 16 2007, 03:34 PM) *
sry didnt know lol rolleyes.gif the thing is i didnt use summons in vanila game at all biggrin.gif

well, i found them quite weak, i do not know why, especially prince of air, with his globe of blades, more than one time he would hurt for example deva and deva woud become hostile,... unsure.gif
Romulas
QUOTE(ROAHDEA @ Dec 16 2007, 10:34 AM) *
QUOTE(Vik @ Dec 16 2007, 03:34 PM) *

well, i found them quite weak, i do not know why, especially prince of air, with his globe of blades, more than one time he would hurt for example deva and deva woud become hostile,... unsure.gif

This sounds like a known issue with the scripts, another one is when I summoned an efreet to battle the greater yuanti at the keep, the efreet decided to fireball the yuanti which was surrounded by my fighters and dearnisse guards that spawn when you open the gate, this nevertheless turned everyone hostile, luckily it didn't affect the game as they leave when the last troll falls. The thing with the globe of blades is the same as with blade barrier which is what limits its usefullness. I think that one of the fixes that sikret made was to make the globe of blades used by the bad guys non-damaging to the rest of the enemies, doesn't sound like it works both ways though.

Romulas
Sikret
QUOTE(Romulas @ Dec 17 2007, 02:40 AM) *
I think that one of the fixes that sikret made was to make the globe of blades used by the bad guys non-damaging to the rest of the enemies, doesn't sound like it works both ways though.

I was almost sure that I had tweaked all versions of Globe of Blades not to harm allies. I have even tested it with celestials (planetars) myself and I'm pretty sure that their Globe of Blades works fine and doesn't harm allies. Will test further and will let you know. Are you 100% sure that Chan's blades still harm allies? Have you possibly installed any other mod which may touch the spells.

I'll appreciate if Raven also tests Chan's version of the Globe of Blades as well.
Raven
In my install Chan's Globe of Blades doesn't seem to hurt my summoned Planetar (or my party members). Didn't check with Deva but I imagine it would be the same.
ROAHDEA
QUOTE(Sikret @ Dec 17 2007, 07:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Romulas @ Dec 17 2007, 02:40 AM) *
I think that one of the fixes that sikret made was to make the globe of blades used by the bad guys non-damaging to the rest of the enemies, doesn't sound like it works both ways though.

I was almost sure that I had tweaked all versions of Globe of Blades not to harm allies. I have even tested it with celestials (planetars) myself and I'm pretty sure that their Globe of Blades works fine and doesn't harm allies. Will test further and will let you know. Are you 100% sure that Chan's blades still harm allies? Have you possibly installed any other mod which may touch the spells.

I'll appreciate if Raven also tests Chan's version of the Globe of Blades as well.

No. no. I was talking about vanilla game,I said that even in vanilla game they were weak for me; i didnot bother to call Chan in iA version, because of that (nor the other princes because of the possibility that chan will appear.
But, beside that I really never found them useful.nor in vanilla nor in modificated version. never mind the globe of blades. They were always too weak whenever I tried to experiment with them.
I do not know if the chan still can hurt devas in IA version, I was talking about vanilla/ + other modifications.. smile.gif

But, as I said even if that globe did not hurt devas or party members they are still weak, weaker than other types of summoned or gated/called creatures.. I do not know why , but that is generall mine feeling about them. For example they are present for shorter period of time, they do not have good saving throws, they can be stuned, confused, paniced and similar very easy,, so often they would become burden for my party rather than help rolleyes.gif
lroumen
In some fights, I found a Mordenkainen to outperform a Pit Fiend, an Invisible Stalker to outperform a Fire Elemental and a Spider Spawn to outperform an Earth Elemental... but it depends heavily on what type of foes you encounter. Against some foes you clearly see the opposite taking place (which is what you would expect).

It's best to try other summons from time to time... they can surprise you sometimes.
Vik
Just started a new game because earlier gam ewas fighter/mage now will play Vagrant.
and the thing which i wanted to ask is from which lvl druid starts to summon Greater Bearwere???
showed to be pretty usefull summon biggrin.gif
Shaitan
Isn't Greater Bearwere from the EoU component rebalanced shapeshifter?
Sikret
QUOTE(Shaitan @ Dec 18 2007, 11:16 AM) *
Isn't Greater Bearwere from the EoU component rebalanced shapeshifter?

Yes, it is.

I strongly recommend to immediately uninstall it, vik. That component of EoU is a joke. It unbalances the game in a very bad way. With that component installed, TorGal will crush your party very easily even if you are relatively high level; and similarly, you will win some battles much more easily than intended. It's even mentioned in the mod's readme that this component is strongly not recommended to be installed with IA.
Vik
sorry didnt know it was a part of EoU
reinstalled and put only the same components which u have
Sikret
Thanks, Vik!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.