Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bATTLE WITH oRCUS?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
ROAHDEA
fOR A life of mine i cannot win this battle. My party is around 24 level (each member party) and consist of vagrant protagonist, jaheira-sc to cleric ranger, valygar, cernd-auramaster, nalia mage (sc to sp mage conjurer), minsc (sc to berserker)

SPOILER!

Almost in second after his speach , Orcus starts to conjure /or gate (?) /or it is some kind of innate ability?-vampire brides, skeleton grandlords (about ten of them if i counted right), skeleton lords, master vampires (around 6 of them I think, and vampire brides and skeleton lord keep coming and coming constantly).. Entire aeria is thus filled with enemies and my computer cannot handle that (chopiness), nor can I , even if computer did not started to freeze.. How did you manage to even fight with them? i mean entire aera is literally filled with high level enemies ang they keep coming, i cannot reach orcus huh.gif

PS. what I meant about that" I cannot reach Orcus" is that that he is constatly souranded by his summoned/gated creatures, although I killed a good number of them they just keep comming, I mean I thin in one momentg ther was , I don t know, abot 30-40 high level creatures (granlords, brides, lords, master vampires ), immune to death spell (so i guess they are gated or something like that, something like elemental golems and trheir coin and gem golems unsure.gif

Edited by Sikret to put spoilers into spoiler tags
Sikret
SPOILER!

Orcus opens with calling 8 Skeleton Grandlords. After 2 rounds, he calls 3 Skeleton Lords and a Master Vampire. After that, he doesn't call anything for 11 rounds and he calls no more Skeleton Grandlords for the rest of the battle. After 11 rounds, he calls another set of 3 Skeleton Lords and one Master Vampire and refreshes the same set every 11 rounds. Vampire Brides are called by Master Vampires.

Didn't you find 13 rounds enough to clear the area of some of those creatures? It couldn't be as bad as you described it. smile.gif

Others may send some hints to win this battle.
ROAHDEA
Thanks for quick replay smile.gif
It seems that I really cannot go through his creatures fast enough to avoid "overfilled battellground".. I just keep trying. bigcry.gif I guess
Sikret
Here are some hints. I hope they will help:

SPOILER!

1- Concentrate on Skeleton Grandlords first. But whenever a vampire approaches your characters, kill her quickly and then shift to the Skeleton Grandlords again.

2- Use the most poweful summoned creatures you have access to, such as:
- Nobel Spider (have you forged the item?)
- Greater Djinni (have you forged the item?)
- Greater Swanmays (if your protagonist was only one level higher (lvl 25), you could call for Swanmay Queen's help who is a very powerful ally)
- Planetars
- Even Mordenkainen Swords and Montain Bears can help to distract Skeleton Grandlords and absorb their attacks.

3- Have your cleric memorize as many "Greater Restoration" spells as possible. Your cleric is multi-class, she may be able to memorize few 7th level spells though.

4- Use "Hardiness" and potions of "Barbarian Essence" if you have. You need to survive their attacks.

In general, which powerful items have you forged so far? You should make the best possible use of them.
ROAHDEA
Well since I am ill I have plenty of free time to game around wub.gif I did not have major difficulties until this battle, exept I found spellhold rather difficult (I was rather high level when I decided to go for Imoen, hm and left her behind) because of those new type of golems rolleyes.gif

About artifacts

SPOiLERS_(I do not know how to put my answer in hidden mode because of the spolers?

-
I have found that greater swanmays were very useful, almost always I gate them
-I have eqiped Cernd with improved staff and his cloack

-I have improved silver sword for Minsc
-flail for Valygar
-I have for mine protagonist that new "armour" only for vagrants thumb.gif
-I have found bottle and I have made ring, but did not still have another ingridens to make ring of noble djinni summoning sad.gif
-I did not go to watchers keep for ingridient neded for improved spider

Well, I do not have those two important items yet, but I am fairly good equiped in "other departments"..

Anyway, I think I can manage that battle after a while, but I lost my nerves closedeyes.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(ROAHDEA @ Dec 13 2007, 05:18 PM) *
Well since I am ill I have plenty of free time to game around wub.gif I did not have major difficulties until this battle, exept I found spellhold rather difficult (I was rather high level when I decided to go for Imoen, hm and left her behind) because of those new type of golems rolleyes.gif

The recommended levels for going to spellhold is mentioned in the readme and players are warned that it will be more difficult if they delay. smile.gif

I do not know how to put my answer in hidden mode because of the spolers?

You have icons at the top of the text editor. One of them is like a lamp. If you put mouse on it and keep without clicking, you will see the message "Wrap in spoiler tags". Use that option. Your latest post about the items was not much spoilerish though.
ROAHDEA
QUOTE(Sikret @ Dec 13 2007, 01:04 PM) *
The recommended levels for going to spellhold is mentioned in the readme and players are warned that it will be more difficult if they delay. smile.gif

It was actually very fun biggrin.gif , difficult, but fun!
ROAHDEA
Well, finally I managed to win the battle-two days of trying.. Summons /gated creatures were the key, also improved haste on fronliners an on greater swanmays. I drunk also every imanginable potion I had with me closedeyes.gif

Sikret
Congratulations, ROAHDEA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.