Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New items
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Shadan
I have read this in progress report v5:

8- Five new armors, one new pair of boots, one new axe, two new amulets and one new type of potion added to the game. Potions of Mind Focusing are removed.

When I checked items.tx for v5, I found only 4 new armors, 1 new amulets. No new boots (if I don't count renamed and ranger only changed Boots of Imrpoved Agility), no new axe. So my question is the remaining 1 armor, the boots, the axe and 1 amulet is a simple drop (not crafted item by Cespenar or Cromwell), or they don't made it to final version of v5? I waited eagerly for some really good, not owerpowered new items. I found helm, necklace and ring selection too narrow for example.

Also I wonder if Monsters Compendium is made in v5 or isn't. I mean some drop books in which I can read some good infos about new types of monsters (like new golems in IA, new monsters in v5 etc.)
Sikret
The new axe is "Axe of the Lakesider". It's not to be forged by Cromwell or Cespenar. It's the final reward you get at the end of the new quest, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly in expanded ranger stronghold.

The fifth armor is a drop, but you could guess its name by reading the recipe to forge Red Coral Armor.

The same is true about the second amulet. You can see its name in the recipe to forge Amulet of Hades.

The same about the new pair of boots. Its name can be seen in the recipe to forge Boots of the Ranger Lord.

As for the monster manual, I actually dropped the idea, because players could cheat to read its content in Shadow Keeper instead of working on collecting its pages inside the game. But I'm still open to new suggestions in this respect.

Shadan
Hmm, a new axe from Vagrant quest? Maybe I have to reconsider may party then, since my vagrant PC wanted to use JD sword and FoD&W... FoD&W is ranger only and there are no single class fighter in my grp for JD sword. Maybe I should consider a 6th character, single class fighter like Valygar or riskbreaker. But riskbreaker would be better with halberds. smile.gif
Sikret
It's recommended to give the JD sword to a warrior with 18 wisdom.
Aegor
QUOTE(shadan @ Dec 5 2007, 09:14 AM) *
Also I wonder if Monsters Compendium is made in v5 or isn't. I mean some drop books in which I can read some good infos about new types of monsters (like new golems in IA, new monsters in v5 etc.)

Wow this would be a great feature, I'd really love to see it in the next version. It is true that players could cheat to read it but then again you could cheat with just about anything else in this game if you decide to, it really shouldn't be a reason to leave this out wink.gif
LZJ
I hate to say this, but the Amulet of Hades seems rather weak for its cost: a whopping 100k to get one 7th level spell slot and some minor boosts, and for that you sacrifice the transferrability of the Amulet of Power (e.g. Immunity to Silence + faster Heal and Greater Restoration Spells on Clerics, Immunity to level drain on Warrior classes). At its present state, I would not make this trade-off.

What about improving the Amulet of Hades to allow the wielder to summon 1-2 Skeleton Lords once per day? That would definitely make it worth the moolah.

And one last point: a Monsters Compendium (or pages of it for instance) would be great! For example, I still have no idea what the Swanmay's Wing Swing does.
Sikret
QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 12 2007, 12:35 PM) *
I hate to say this, but the Amulet of Hades seems rather weak for its cost: a whopping 100k to get one 7th level spell slot and some minor boosts, and for that you sacrifice the transferrability of the Amulet of Power (e.g. Immunity to Silence + faster Heal and Greater Restoration Spells on Clerics, Immunity to level drain on Warrior classes). At its present state, I would not make this trade-off.

What about improving the Amulet of Hades to allow the wielder to summon 1-2 Skeleton Lords once per day? That would definitely make it worth the moolah.

Thanks, LZJ!

The amulet also grants 20% resistance to magic damage and a +2 bonus to save vs. death. I'll be looking forward to receive more feedback about this amulet specially from those who play a necromancer protagonist and will make a decision about it for the next release. Your suggestion about how to make it more powerful is interesting though it will probably warrant more upgrading price or additional ingredients.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.