Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Choppiness
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
OldManPaco
So... The farther I get into the mod the more choppy it gets. It doesn't seem to be dependent on the graphic settings I have selected. By the time I get to Umar Hills (following the lightweight quest order) the chars walk 3 steps then pause then walk again. Not a deal breaker but annoying. The only mods installed are the recommended Ease of Use components and IA. I would not even be bringing this up except that I do not remember this problem in 4.3. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did to correct it.

Thanks for any help.

Paco
Sikret
Quote from IA's F.A.Q about slowdown problems:
1- Make sure that you have followed the mod's installation instructions accurately. In particular, make sure that you have NOT installed BG2 TweakPack.

2- Make sure that you don't have a bottomless bag of holding. (Also, make sure that you have not installed any other mod which adds new containers (bags, etc) to the game.)

3- Make sure that the 3d acceleration option is not turned on in your game's configuration.

4- Make sure that you have made a clean installation of the game before installing your current mods. Leftovers of old mods (even after uninstalling them) may cause such problems.

5- Make sure that a "Real Time Virus Protection" is not running in the background on your machine.

6- Make sure that your machine (if an old one) is not continuously running for more than 12 hours without a restart. A restart will help the machine to refresh its resources.

7- Make sure that the hard disk has at least 15% free space (both the directory in which windows is installed and the directory in which BG2 is installed).

8- Defragment your computer.

Other than that I have no idea what may cause the lags. We have tested IA even on slow and old computers and didn't have serious lagging problems at all. If the computer is slow and old, it is natural to experience some slowdowns in some of the heavy battles, but not when your party are just walking normally.

Edited for typos
Shaitan
I avoid using bags/containers at all because the cause my pc to lag when in my inventory. I use the containers in inns and such.
OldManPaco
Sikret - I followed all instructions in the FAQ (except no 3d with was not the problem anyway). Defragged and reinstalled with the same problems occurring. The more NPCs in the party the worse it gets.

Shaitan - The problems start even before I have containers to put items in.

I don't know, it's weird. Like I said it's not a large stutter but it is noticeable. Probably something to do with my PC. Thanks for the replies though.

Paco
Aegor
What about the "Path Search Nodes" value under the baldur.ini file? Any chance that might be causing your lag? There were some problems with this, on slower computers, but that was a long time ago... still, it's a thought.

edit: Oh and another thought, have you considered this could be a sound problem? Try turning off the environmental audio for example...
Shaitan
or the ambience sounds in the config
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.