Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is the viper queen?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
labidaxin
I have one question to ask. when i performed the new paladin quest added by IA which required me to find the vampire queen in the windhill, I could'nt find it although I had searched the dougeon throughly. All I had done is to deal with many cobras. what can I do? Thanks.
labidaxin
i am sorry that i had made a mistake. it is viper queen, not vampire queen. thanks
Marceror
She's there. Sikret doesn't appreciate people giving out spoilers on this, so I'll just give you a hint (which is all I got when I asked during my first viper queen encounter).

Try to think like a snake, and ask yourself where they might like to hide (what kinds of environments to they like). Once you figure it out, you'll kick yourself for not thinking of it sooner.
Baronius
And, of course, if you still can't find it, you can always ask for the accurate answer (which you will receive in a private message, if it would be a spoiler in the public forum -- such as this case). wink.gif
Sikret
@labidaxin

Are you playing v5 or is it v4.2? If it's v5, then you are playing rather fast. smile.gif

(The location of the viper queen is the same in v5 and v4.2, of course)
Spike
Are there different spots where to find the viper queen?

I'm asking, because i've found her before the asylum but couldn't beat her and now she isnt there any longer.

By the way, how does the second vagrant's quest (The Good,..) start?
Sikret
QUOTE(Spike @ Apr 28 2008, 01:16 PM) *
Are there different spots where to find the viper queen?

I'm asking, because i've found her before the asylum but couldn't beat her and now she isnt there any longer.

To avoid writing to much spoilers about the Viper Queen (and her location), I replied to this question in a PM to you.

By the way, how does the second vagrant's quest (The Good,..) start?

Finish the 'Mystery of the Shimmering Light' quest completely (including talking to the knight at the end) and then enter your cabin.
Spike
Thx for your answer.

Finish the 'Mystery of the Shimmering Light' quest completely (including talking to the knight at the end) and then enter your cabin.

Its some time ago when i've finished the "shimmering light" quest. Which knight?
SPOILER!
I solved the riddle about the murder and got the reward (ring) in the order
Sikret
QUOTE(Spike @ Apr 28 2008, 03:27 PM) *
Its some time ago when i've finished the "shimmering light" quest. Which knight?
SPOILER!
I solved the riddle about the murder and got the reward (ring) in the order

You have completed half of the "Shimmering Light" quest, Spike! The knight gave you half of a torn paper and asked you to ....

If you don't remember and need spoilers, I can send you a PM.
Spike
Uups, sorry. But i had to stop at that point for a couple of weeks. Please send me some spoilers. The last thing i remember is written in my previous post. Thx.
crunk
Jeez, it was so much better the first time through for me, when I was completely oblivious but still plowed through just fine without doing all the quests. But now on my second time, I want to get everything I missed the first time and its so annoying. I got the 48-sided garnet this time, but I'm using Carsomyr on my Kensai/Thf, so upgrading basically destroys the sword.

Anyways, I have the same question as spike, except I killed gramps and talked to the knight for the nice reward. He walked away and disappeared. I went back to my ranch to try and find Delon again, but hes not in my cabin.

Does it have anything to do with me naming my protagonist Michael Jackson?

jk, nah seriously though...am I not finished with Shimmering Light yet or what?
Sikret
QUOTE(crunk @ Feb 14 2009, 09:37 AM) *
Anyways, I have the same question as spike, except I killed gramps and talked to the knight for the nice reward. He walked away and disappeared. I went back to my ranch to try and find Delon again, but hes not in my cabin.

Does it have anything to do with me naming my protagonist Michael Jackson?

jk, nah seriously though...am I not finished with Shimmering Light yet or what?

Assuming that you have not installed any incompatible mods, I have three questions:

1- Are you playing a vagrant protagonist?

2- Have you killed the Grandfather of Rune Assassins (not to be mistaken with the Guildmaster)?

3- Have you cheated during the game in any way or used Shadow keeper to tamper with your protagonist?

If the answers are respectively "yes, yes, and no", then you should find a swanmay (not Delon) waiting for you in your cabin.
crunk
Yeah...

Main character is Vagrant, and no I do not use shadowkeeper.

Why would anybody download a challenging mod, spend 1.5 hours uninstalling old bg2, being sure to clear the all registry files to ensure compatibility, making certain all the components described in readme were present, install them in the right order?

And then cheat to make it no longer challenging?

Anyways... all the triggers worked fine before this point.

Oh, I just thought of one thing I did do. I had my vagrant read a scroll of find familiar, and I've had the pet in my inventory since chapter 3.
Sikret
How exactly does a ranger cast Find Familiar?
crunk
It doesn't seem likely, but it's not impossible I guess.

Oh well, I don't really need to know the answer anyways. If it bugged out because I used find familiar, then so be it. If not... meh, whatever. Can't really complain, since it has been quite enjoyable regardless... even though I missed some quests/items and didn't follow the rules 100%.

I'm too lazy to explore it further, hexidecimally that is. I'll just take your sarcastic answer to mean "I don't know the answer, but please refrain from using find familiar scrolls on protagonist in the future, unless it is a mage." Fair enough. My bad.
lroumen
QUOTE(Sikret @ Feb 15 2009, 01:25 AM) *

SPOILER!
pause game. drink potion in inventory. swap potyion with scroll. unpause game.... pretty lame way for any character to cast spells from scrolls, but unblockable I'm afraid.
Sikret
QUOTE(lroumen @ Feb 15 2009, 01:29 PM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Feb 15 2009, 01:25 AM) *

SPOILER!
pause game. drink potion in inventory. swap potyion with scroll. unpause game.... pretty lame way for any character to cast spells from scrolls, but unblockable I'm afraid.

Interesting! But I'm pretty sure that this is not what has happened in crunk's game. He has tampered with his protagonist in a radical way which has blocked "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" quest. My guess is that his protagonist had been initially a mage type character; but later, he decided to change it to a vagrant ranger in the middle of the game.

QUOTE(crunk @ Feb 15 2009, 06:59 AM) *
I'll just take your sarcastic answer to mean "I don't know the answer, but please refrain from using find familiar scrolls on protagonist in the future, unless it is a mage." Fair enough. My bad.

I do know the answer and I already told you the conditions under which the quest would start normally and without any problems. Play without cheats and everyhting will work like a charm in IA; I assure you of that.

And I don't need to separately ask you to refrain from using Find Familiar scrolls on your non-mage protagonist. When I ask you not to cheat, it covers that as well. A ranger is not supposed to use that scroll and have a familiar; it's a plain cheat. However, as I wrote above, your case was even worse than using a scroll in the way lroumen described.

I have already stated countless times that players who use any kind of cheats during the game are totally on their own and should not waste my time with their false bug reports.
Daulmakan
QUOTE(crunk @ Feb 14 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Why would anybody download a challenging mod, spend 1.5 hours uninstalling old bg2, being sure to clear the all registry files to ensure compatibility, making certain all the components described in readme were present, install them in the right order?

And then cheat to make it no longer challenging?

rolleyes.gif
matti
QUOTE(crunk @ Feb 15 2009, 12:23 AM) *
being sure to clear the all registry files

Doh, not necessary, really.
darkjeshush
I made sure to play fair, no cheats, no cheese. My previous game was sorc protag, rolled very nice stats, and didnt have a chance to export it until after opening scene. 89k xp, no items, blank template. I figured if i ever wanted to use a sorc again, this would save me the dicerolling time. Wrong. It's flagged as a protagonist, and has all the protagonist special abilities, cure light wounds, slow poison etc. If you create a new multiplayer vagrant, and then use this template as a party member, you will then have inadvertently cheated and have 2 characters with special abilities. So after stuff started going crazy, I had to restart all over, and reroll not only a new sorc, but a new vagrant as well. Not to mention the current game I had to scrap. So much for saving time.

Moral of the story, pre-generate templates if you're lazy. Don't export after the item randomizer initiates.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.