Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ascension now incompatible?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
coaster
Hi Sikret

I attempted to install Ascension core component prior to Improved Anvil but got lots of errors along the lines of:

[ImprovedAnvil/scripts/mage16a.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 466 column 50-50
Near Text: )
[CheckStat] argument [SCRIPTINGSTATE7] not found in [Stats.IDS]

I checked the Ascension contents and found a file named Stats.IDS. I assume this is what you refer to as "detectable stats/spells" in the readme? Does the presence of this file now make Ascension incompatible with IA?

FYI, I have now removed Ascension from my installation and IA has installed without problem.

Thanks

coaster
Sikret
QUOTE(coaster @ Nov 27 2007, 01:06 AM) *
I checked the Ascension contents and found a file named Stats.IDS. I assume this is what you refer to as "detectable stats/spells" in the readme? Does the presence of this file now make Ascension incompatible with IA?

Yes, based on your report, Ascension is now completely incompatible with IA.

I didn't know that Ascension also tampers with Stats.IDS. Otherwise, I would list it as fully incompatible with IA. But as you noted, I had made the general note about the incompatibility of any mod which tampers with that file.

Thanks for reporting the issue. I will update the list of incompatible mods ASAP.
JohnGalt
Wow it's out! smile.gif

A couple of questions:

Does IA 5 make any changes to the endgame/final battle? If not, won't the end battle seem way too easy compared to the challenges offered during the rest of the game?

Is it possible to install only the additional dialogue / plot aspect of Ascension without installing the game mechanics affecting parts that are incompatible with IA?

And a well-deserved thank you to Skiret and all the testers.
Sikret
QUOTE(JohnGalt @ Nov 27 2007, 04:37 AM) *
Does IA 5 make any changes to the endgame/final battle? If not, won't the end battle seem way too easy compared to the challenges offered during the rest of the game?

Improved Anvil is with you from the beginning of SOA right upto the end of TOB (except the battle with Melissan at the throne). IA's own final battle is EDE (Epic Divine Encounter) which is way more difficult than Ascension's final battle with Melissan (even if the former is played on Core and the latter on Insane).

Improving the final battle with Melissan is left to be done for futrue versions of the mod.

Is it possible to install only the additional dialogue / plot aspect of Ascension without installing the game mechanics affecting parts that are incompatible with IA?
It depends on the installation setup of the Ascension mod, but I guess it's not possible to install it without that incompatible part (otherwise, coaster would do it).

And a well-deserved thank you to Skiret and all the testers.

You are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.