Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple protection items
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
coaster
Sikret

Thanks for updating IA, looking forward to playing through.

One quick question - in previous IA versions, I think you also recommended making use of the Ease-of-Use pack's fix to allow stacking of multiple protection items (rings, cloaks etc). However, this recommendation is absent from the v5 documentation - is this an oversight or a change in your recommendation?

Thanks

coaster
Sikret
I'm currently neutral towards using that particular component of Ease-of_Use.

In previous versions, I recommended it, because some of the enemies use rings or cloaks of protections together with magical armors (they still do); however, thetruth reminded to me that those enemies only use one such protection item (ring or cloak) with the armor, while a player may use several such items. We eventually decided to leave the choice to players. Those who want more challenge should refrain from using too many protective items together with magical armors (even if they install that component of EoU). That particular component of Ease-of_Use is currently neither prohibited nor recommended in a strict sense. Decide for yourself.
coaster
Thanks for the quick reply Sikret!

I will install the component but restrict myself to only using either a cloak or ring of protection, not both. I assume that this does not apply to special items which the original game allows to stack with other protections, eg ring of Gaxx.
Raven
QUOTE(coaster @ Nov 26 2007, 07:39 PM) *
Thanks for the quick reply Sikret!

I will install the component but restrict myself to only using either a cloak or ring of protection, not both. I assume that this does not apply to special items which the original game allows to stack with other protections, eg ring of Gaxx.

This is correct - items like the (Improved) Ring of Gaxx, Ring of Earth Control and Cloak of the Sewers are considered different and have always been intended to be wearable in conjunction with other protection items/armour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.