Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA 5 and The Four
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
rbeverjr
Thanks for the early Christmas present! Before you had said that you would be altering The Four by nerfing items. Is version 3 the result? If so, could you provide a link to the The Four 3. Thanks again.
Stu
link to The Four, its in a .rar file and contains item descriptions in the readme.
Sikret
You are welcome. The items' descriptions can be seen here as well.
Shadan
Hmm, I have just found it. smile.gif Is it safe to install it after I have a started game? Can I use my saved games if I install it, and can I find these items in my saved games? (Of course I haven't been at any mentioned location yet.) And my last question: can I fight with guardians if my protagonist is not what is required for the item? I am intended to use only bard gloves with my bard since there is not mentioned any protagonist requirements, but I would like to try each fight. smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Jan 8 2008, 06:33 PM) *
Hmm, I have just found it. smile.gif Is it safe to install it after I have a started game? Can I use my saved games if I install it, and can I find these items in my saved games? (Of course I haven't been at any mentioned location yet.)

Yes, if you have not been in any of those areas, you can install the mod and continue the game.

And my last question: can I fight with guardians if my protagonist is not what is required for the item?

- The guardians of the robe (and the robe itself) will appear only if your protagonist qualifies the requirements to use the robe.

- The guardians of the helmet (and the helmet itself) will appear only if either you have Cernd in your party or if your protagonist is a druid.

- The other two battles (and their items) have no particular requirements.
Sikret
For the information of players who play IA with The Four minimod, The Four v4 is available at Sorcerers Place.

What's changed:
Version 4:
- The ring and the gloves are nerfed
- Download package is cleaned of some redundant files (leftovers of older versions)

To update the mod:

1- Uninstall The Four v3.
2- Delete The Folder "The Four" from your main BG2 folder.
3- Unzip the new version into your main BG2 folder (if asked whether you want to replace anything, reply 'yes').
4- Install The Four v4
5- Continue the game from your saved game (no need to start a new game).
rbeverjr
I'm actually considering uninstalling version 3 and installing version 2 instead. Will this work?

I'd rather be able to fight all 4 battles with any group and leave the items on the ground, than just get 1 fight as my present game allows. sad.gif

>>>Hi Sikret, you may need to revise the Readme file. I compared the readme file in the download from the link that you provided with the readme for the previous version that I downloaded. It seems to me that the description for the ring is exactly the same?

Edit #2. Sorry, the readme is correct. The nerf is by the omission of one very important word!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.