Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Specific question regarding NeJ2(691) and BGT
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Hoppy
I have asked Ascension64 this question over at Spellhold Studios about the compatibility of BGT v 1.04 with Neverending Journey2 691. The 691 parts are not on his compatibility list and I see from Vlad's install that BGTv1.01 is super stable and I have those extra files (tp2, bgtsongs).
So my specific questions are:
1) Can anyone tell if BGT1.04 is solid stable with NeJ691 and TS611?
2) a. If yes on compatibility, do I still need the above extra files in Vlad's install listing?
b. If no on compatibility, there is no longer BGTv1.01 available for download so then I will have to go about getting it?

I wanted to do a BGT install in a few weeks with those two great mods and Bdash1.64, but I am a little reluctant to use BGTv1.04 without knowing any details I may need.
Thank you all for your time,
Hop
Addendum: I have seen the BGTNeJ2 mini-mod compatible with BGT1.04 but, those are just the small components.
Vlad
You can try the following install:

BDash-WeiDU v1.64 + BGT v1.04 + NeJ2 v6.91 + patch v6.93 + BGSongs (optionally) + TS v6.11 (optionally) + dakkon's blade fix (optionally).

You may try to install BGTNeJ2 mini-mod between v6.91 and patch v6.93. I think it should be OK, just to be sure that the files are properly updated.

Good luck! smile.gif
Hoppy
Always a big thanks Vlad. thumb.gif That is exactly what I needed as I wasn't sure if I had to manually edit a tp2 or not.
Since the mini-mod has some of the normal NeJ2 components like Boo, and custom Kits for Imoen/Jaheira, should I install those parts with the main install (691) and then install just the special compoonents of the mini-mod? Or should I always select to install every component and let them overwrite? I just didn't want to duplicate components if that will cause problems.
Cheers
Vlad
It has some fixes over the v6.91. If you can install it, then it's better to install. Just make a reserve backup of your dialog.tlk and override before installing this mini-mod.
Hoppy
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) *
It has some fixes over the v6.91. If you can install it, then it's better to install. Just make a reserve backup of your dialog.tlk and override before installing this mini-mod.

Good advice Vlad cool.gif. Now I have new questions regarding installing Improved Anvil with the lot.
Don't get me wrong my friend, your battles are not easy in any way ph34r.gif, I saw it mentioned in your install possibilities and wondering if it can be installed without messing up things like dialogs or scripts by overwriting. The BGT version 1.01 is impossible to get now, so I am concerned with using 1.04 if it has not been tested fully with NeJ, TS, the minimod and IA. Or as long as 1.04 works with the NeJ, TS and Bdash then I might add one thing at my own caution. BTW, Dakkon's fix are the BCS files you rewrote for Radagast at SHS right? I have those if that is the right thing. Here is the proposed install:

edit-- complete deal:
BG1+TotSC+ToTSCpatch(Bioware) then
BG2+ToB+patch26498(Bioware)
Bdash1.64
Improved Anvil
BGT 1.04
BGT tweaks v6
NeJ2-6.91
BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
BGsongs (music is a must) Uninstall after BG1 transition to BG2 is complete
TS611
Dakkon's fix
There are a few extrafiles for BGT1.04 that I should install with the BGT in this list and also the Beregost crash fixer I will have to use too I think, Oh man! This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. wacko.gif banghead.gif help.gif confused.gif

Sikret
IA and NEJ2 are not yet fully tested with each other. To have a better chance of compatibility, I would recommend shifting IA two steps forward (in the order of installation) and put it right before NEJ2.
Vlad
I'd refrain from installing BGT tweaks at this stage, or at least to install only minimum of its components, which you think are really essential for you. Further, if the installation of BGTNeJ2 fails then just roll back to your previous installation replacing the modified override and dialog.tlk with their reserved copies before installation of BGTNeJ2.

Bdash1.64
BGT 1.04

------------------------> critical Backup 1 of your override and dialog.tlk

Improved Anvil
NeJ2-6.91

------------------------> critical Backup 2 of your override and dialog.tlk

BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
TS611
Dakkon's fix ------------------------> download here in the pinned topic
Hoppy
This looks promising. I hope that it works! Thanks again Vlad and Sikret. It looks like I won't need old BG2ToBbaldurdashfix112 which is mentioned as crucial in the v4.2 IA readme. I assume Bdash1.6.4 supplements the old one.
Re:BGT tweaks- I could probably leave it out, but I will compare its components with the rest of the mods to see if there is anything I really need.
1. Any idea where the restored Textmusic version 5 for BGT prologue should go if I need it? Its readme only states after BGT 1.04, so it sounds important.
Txtmusicv5 readme
2. Does the BGsongs do the same thing or should I use both?
Maybe I will install the textmusic right after BGT instead of the tweaks and BGsongs where it is illustrated above.
Thanks again for your patience beer.gif
Vlad
Any idea where the restored Textmusic version 5 for BGT prologue should go if I need it? Its readme only states after BGT 1.04, so it sounds important.
I have no idea. Well, it's better to install before NeJ2, for sure.

Does the BGsongs do the same thing or should I use both?

From what I see and read, it doesn't. But may be I am wrong. I resored the original songs, which you hear in areas, during battles etc. Otherwise, if you don't install the component BGTSongs, then you'll hear the songs that I like, which replace the original ones. Anyway, you'll have to remove this component before moving to BG2 because if you don't, then you'll listen the BG songs instead of the music of NeJ2.

Hoppy
The restored textscreen music for the narrations looks like will go right after BGT then the critical backup. It was a pretty good size download and seems like without it, things might be a little silly with the narrations. BGTsongs by you, I will like just to keep the music fresh throughout. Sheesh...probably by the time I get to installing this in a couple weeks, BGT1.05 will be packaged and shipped into cyberland. laugh.gif

Bdash1.64
BGT 1.04
Restored textcreen music

Improved Anvil
NeJ2-6.91

BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
TS611
Ascension64
The restored textscreen music...seems like without it, things might be a little silly with the narrations
What do you mean by this? Without Restored Textscreen Music, the narrations will be fine, just no music during the narrations. Unless you mean that narrations are silly when there isn't music in the background... O.o
Hoppy

@Ascension64
That is sort of what I meant because I wouldn't like all of the narrations to have missing sounds/music for the whole of BG1. Once in a while for a mod or something I don't mind, just thinking about all of the original narrations.
I was mainly looking at what it said in your readme for the component.
Effort has been made to ensure the narration follows the text, so that the narrator does not narrate too far ahead of what the text shows.

If it is a little out of syncronisation, no big deal. That is what I thought would be silly if the narrator finishes reading a whole 2 paragraphs of text before I even read the second line because of the scrolling speed.
So if I install it, should it go right after the BGT install or can it go at the end of the installation list?
Hoppy
Made one change to this list:
Bdash1.64
Improved Anvil
BGT 1.05
BGT tweaks v6
NeJ2-6.91
BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
TS611
Dakkon's fix
Sikret
QUOTE(Hoppy @ Nov 4 2007, 04:40 AM) *
Made one change to this list:
Bdash1.64
Improved Anvil
BGT 1.05
BGT tweaks v6
NeJ2-6.91
BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
TS611
Dakkon's fix

As mentioned before, I recommend to shift IA one step forward in the order of installation and put it right before NEJ2 to have a better chance of compatibility. IA normally requires to be the last mod you install. Vlad has said that TS and NEJ2 are exceptions; even that much is very risky, don't install anything else after IA.
Ascension64
QUOTE(Hoppy @ Oct 31 2007, 02:35 AM) *
So if I install it, should it go right after the BGT install or can it go at the end of the installation list?
Anywhere after BGT is fine. It is compatible with everything.
Hoppy
Woops, sorry Sikret, I meant to copy the list as Vlad and you instructed, not my original. My apologies for any confusion. I haven't installed yet, as not much time to play or uninstall my current modded game. As soon as the snow starts falling in a few days here, that will be optimal conditions to sit back and be cozy with some heavy Baldur's Gate smoke3.gif
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 28 2007, 02:15 AM) *
Bdash1.64
BGT 1.05a ------------update
Textscreen Music v.6 (not crucial where this goes as per Ascension64 in above post)-----update

Improved Anvil
NeJ2-6.91

BGTNeJ2-minimod
NeJ2patch6.93
TS611

Hoppy
Update and installed

YAY!!! Everything installed perfectly with no errors...except for Vlad's BGT songs. It choked right at the installation start (no files changed) I installed the music component for BGT when I installed BGT 1.05 so BGTsongs probably didn't see what it was looking for. No big deal, either one or the other. BG1 music plays fine and I get the NeJ2 song by the Cardigans (?) at the Game select/intro screen.
GUI is cool
Dialogs are cool so far.
Charming Rogue Imoen-check
Priest of Sylvannus Jaheira (dual class)-check
I was scared ohmy.gif for a second because her profs were 2-staff 2-sling
and I remember she qualified in crossbows with the new kit. (First time playing BGT with NeJ2 or anything for that matter) I will wait to see after a few level ups to add crossbow slots. She can wield and buy them so I am not too worried. happy.gif

Oh yeah, the minimod (BGTNeJ2) installed fine right where you suggested Vlad.
Game play movement and combat is fast and stable--A bit slow only in menu/inventory screens mainly equipping things or changing options. (Very minor)
Thanks again rock stars: Vlad, Sikret and Ascension64 for the install tips.
beer.gif smoke3.gif cigar2.gif cigar1.jpg beer.gif
I won't object if you close this topic now. I can start another one for a bug report later (with weidu log) if it comes to that point.
Thanks all!
Hoppy
Ok, I will post this minor issue with Xan's moonblade and BGT105(a) with the installation that the above topic describes. It seems to be a BGT confirmed bug.
Here is another topic about it and some fixing possibilities at SHS:
LINK
FYI, Shadowkeeper can be used to remove the unmovable sword from inventory and then place in weapon slot again with Shadowkeeper, but the weapon will not show in his hand (still fists instead). Solution will be to edit with Near Infinity or DLTCEP.
At the link, Ascension64 gives a solution via Near Infinity and I posted a solution via DLTCEP, so whichever one prefers.
Neither fixes cause issue with crashing or slowdowns.
That's the only one in Chapters 1-4 in my game. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.