Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA and Improved Ilyich
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Vardaman
I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see a thread like this yet.

I thought I'd kill some time until 4.3 is ready and I'm having an awful time with this mod.

I've cleared out everything (including the 2nd map) except anything past the library. I wanted to turn my party invisible and go past them all to the Sword of Chaos room but the Glabrezu keeps following me. Then if I lead the glabrezu away and kill it, I save and then the next second Ilyich and Co. rush into the room and I get slaughtered. I might be able to take them all on individually but I'm having no luck separating them. The help in the readme basically consists of spamming traps and closing doors. You can't close the dungeon doors in IA. sad.gif

Does anybody have any tips? Where's thetruth when you need him? laugh.gif
Vardaman
Ugh, I tried it again and killing the glabrezu seems to trigger "have everyone run to where it died".
Sikret
I didn't make the doors of that dungeon unclosable, Vardaman!

What's exactly the difference of the battle compared to your previous experiences with the "Tactics" mod when you didn't have IA?
Vardaman
Really? I'll have to look through my mod-list again to see what's making the doors "magically stuck open".

I haven't tried any parts of Tactics without IA so I don't have a good frame of reference. It could be that their behavior is exactly the same and I just suck at getting them to split up. Maybe their scripts prevent them from straying too far apart.
coaster
Improved Ilyich itself sticks the doors open to prevent cheese. From the changelog:

Release 17:
* Doors on CI Level 1 stick open once opened.

I've managed to separate different members of the Ilyich party myself, usually luring them out of the library into the Otyugh room one at a time, but always found it very difficult - I play with the "Slightly Improved Ilyich" mod now instead, which I find a bit more manageable smile.gif
Vardaman
QUOTE(coaster @ Sep 5 2007, 04:57 PM) *
Improved Ilyich itself sticks the doors open to prevent cheese. From the changelog:

Release 17:
* Doors on CI Level 1 stick open once opened.

I've managed to separate different members of the Ilyich party myself, usually luring them out of the library into the Otyugh room one at a time, but always found it very difficult - I play with the "Slightly Improved Ilyich" mod now instead, which I find a bit more manageable smile.gif

Ah, so it's II that's sticking the doors.

I guess I'll have to try Slightly Improved Ilyich for my next run-through. Is it 100% compatible with IA?

Thanks, coaster.
coaster
QUOTE(Vardaman)
Is it 100% compatible with IA?

I had no problems installing it alongside 4.2 - so yes, I think so.
Shaitan
Yes, as IA dosn't do anything to CI, and Slightly II doesn't do anything else.
Sikret
See again the document attached to this post.

In the list of mods which should not be installed with IA, you see:

3- Tactics (and any other mod which adds tactical challenges to the game)

- IA and other tactical mods change the game's IDs files and specially the STATS.IDS in different ways. This will surely cause unexpected or unwanted consequences. So, when you play IA, it is quite necessary/mandatory that you do not install any other tactical mods (even if they modify sections of the game which are not directly touched by IA). Improved Anvil uses a combination of its polygonal scripting system and it's own detectable stats. If you install any other mod which uses detectable stats, you will practically ruin both mods' tactical features. Neither IA's battles nor the other mod's combats will go on as intended.

- The second reason is that most tactical mods add powerful items and treasures to the game which can easily break the ballance of the game while playing IA. (It's true that IA also contains powerful items, but IA's items are *supposed* to be there and are taken into consideration in IA's battles and enemies' scripts. Not to mention that each of IA's items are only available in its own due time and not easily so.)
Shaitan
QUOTE(Sikret @ Sep 6 2007, 09:48 AM) *
See again the document attached to this post.

In the list of mods which should not be installed with IA, you see:

3- Tactics (and any other mod which adds tactical challenges to the game)

- IA and other tactical mods change the game's IDs files and specially the STATS.IDS in different ways. This will surely cause unexpected or unwanted consequences. So, when you play IA, it is quite necessary/mandatory that you do not install any other tactical mods (even if they modify sections of the game which are not directly touched by IA). Improved Anvil uses a combination of its polygonal scripting system and it's own detectable stats. If you install any other mod which uses detectable stats, you will practically ruin both mods' tactical features. Neither IA's battles nor the other mod's combats will go on as intended.

Sorry, on a closer look, I see, that I read the readme first time with closed eyes, I didn't se this part :

(and any other mod which adds tactical challenges to the game)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.