Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faldorn encounter too easy
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
jojamie
This is probably more of a quick post to let Sikret know that the Faldorn encounter was far too easy when using an Auramaster or Cernd.
All I did was fire off three Unleash Energy spells at her and she was dead before she could swing a stick at me.

Are there any plans to make this more of a challenge in the future?
If not 4.3, then maybe 5.0?

Must admit, it was nice to complete a quest fully with my low level (10-11) party in IA wink.gif

Also, nice touch in the Ogre tower Sikret...I thought I could sneak in and steal Belm. Should have known better! My thief is now spider food biggrin.gif
Ah well...they will keep!

Fantastic mod, can't say enough about it!
Vardaman
I'm fine with keeping a few easy low level quests. smile.gif

I'd like to see an improved Drow ambush party at the bridge in the underdark or improve the WK seal guardians (esp. the party of 6 that included the beholder). That one was one of my favorite battles of regular SOA/TOB but it's really easy after playing through much of IA.
Raven
Guys read the pinned thread about progress for 4.3. There you will see there is already an Improved Faldorn coming in 4.3. Plus there are other interesting features on the way soon too.

@Vardaman: having tested the new Faldorn I can assure you the fight is still doable at the beginning at the game.
Vardaman
QUOTE(Raven @ Jul 24 2007, 04:04 PM) *

Guys read the pinned thread about progress for 4.3. There you will see there is already an Improved Faldorn coming in 4.3. Plus there are other interesting features on the way soon too.

@Vardaman: having tested the new Faldorn I can assure you the fight is still doable at the beginning at the game.

Good, I was just hoping to avoid a jump in difficulty like old Borinall vs. new Borinall. (I liked the improved fight; it was just a big shock early in the game and I had to wait a while to beat it.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.