Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had very high expectations for this mod...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
nataben1314
...and they have been surpassed in every way! biggrin.gif

AWESOME mod sikret, I have been wanting to play it for over a year as you know and have had comp troubles and other obligations but now I've finally gotten to play it and it has lived up to my expectations and then some!

I'm doing a 4 character party, and it has been great fun so far, this mod has really rekindled BG2 for me. The fight with Suna and company was HARD but in the best possible way! I thought it was the perfect "welcome to IA" and although it took me 6 tries or so, the satisfaction on beating it was immense! I blasted them with a horror spell and two fear wands immediately and sent most of the group running scared, then dispelled the mage with my Inquisitor and pounded her out, then charmed one of them and distracted some while pounding out others, it was great fun! The beastmaster fight was great too for a low level party! The new mage scripts are great, and I really like the way you compensated for removing cheesy store stealing by putting some cool items on people to be pickpocketed.

Anyways this post is probably pretty pointless but I just wanted to say THANKS sikret, this mod completely rules, the best mod I've ever played by FAR. I look forward to going further and also playing the new vagrant when 4.3 comes out!
Stu
Hear Hear, I've been loving it!
Great work Sikret.
muddymissfit
Well I'll third that sentiment!

Due to a gaping hole in my work sheadule ive been able to actually get started on 4.2 and been having a huge amount of fun smile.gif

I have been able to try out some rather fun character's that would have wreaked unholy havoc on a villa game - gnomish fighter/wild mage tongue.gif for one

and i'm looking forward to the next release i will be playing a tutu character that I dreamed up ( Berserker/Wildmage/Cleric of Lathander ) and playing an IA only modded game when 4.3 pops around , I found for myself how easily the game can get unbalanced if you add in other mods , which to me is a rather good thing, as it reflects the careful thought and high quality of modding/programming thats gone into this project

many thanks again biggrin.gif
Silverstar
Indeed, and it only gets better as the game progresses. IA is the greatest mod for experienced players, there is no doubt.
Sikret
Thanks all. You are too kind.
Roy
QUOTE(muddymissfit @ Jul 21 2007, 11:11 AM) *

I have been able to try out some rather fun character's that would have wreaked unholy havoc on a villa game - gnomish fighter/wild mage tongue.gif for one

and i'm looking forward to the next release i will be playing a tutu character that I dreamed up ( Berserker/Wildmage/Cleric of Lathander ) and playing an IA only modded game when 4.3 pops around , I found for myself how easily the game can get unbalanced if you add in other mods , which to me is a rather good thing, as it reflects the careful thought and high quality of modding/programming thats gone into this project

How do you make the gnomish fighter/wild mage or the kitted F/M/C?
Stu
The Gnomish fighter/wild mage would presumably be made by creating a Gnome Fighter/Illusionist and then changing the class in Shadow Keeper. Add the good Nahal's Reckless Dweomer and a few Chaos shields to the known spells list and voila.
Afaik you'd only be able to give one kit to the F/M/C, not 3 (I believe the game is hard coded to only allow 1 kit, regardless of the number of classes).
muddymissfit
QUOTE(Roy @ Jul 21 2007, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(muddymissfit @ Jul 21 2007, 11:11 AM) *

How do you make the gnomish fighter/wild mage or the kitted F/M/C?

Shadowkeeper , For the fighter /wildmage you just set the "Kit" option from "illusionist" to "wildmage" and assign the 3 wildmage specific spells to your character

the F/M/C is much the same , except you add the kit abilities manually from the "innate" tab - the is a add kit option if I remember correctly - at the appropriate levels (ranges from 1 -100)

so your character title reads as "Fighter/Wildmage/Cleric" in the character screen , the abilities of the Berserker/Cleric of Lathander are available as special abilities - but for me its a role play exercise , so its really fun to have a suitable arena to play this concept biggrin.gif
Shaitan
If you want the best result, you have to start your char over in Sk by typing in "0" en every level box, and in the exp box. Remember to flatten your profs and thieving skills too, all other should be ok then. You reload your game have voila, your char is a beginner fighter/wildmage or whatever. Then go to Sk again to add in the lost exp to gain appropriate level.

This was taken from "Userunfriendly" from another board.
Sikret
QUOTE(nataben1314 @ Jul 21 2007, 10:51 AM) *
I really like the way you compensated for removing cheesy store stealing by putting some cool items on people to be pickpocketed.

Yes, I have added some items to be pickpocketed and so far very few people have noticed this fact. Apart from your post in this thread, I have received only one PM from a player who had noticed this point. I have some hints for you as well: Some better items are added to some people (whom you can pickpocket) whom you will meet for very short times during the game or you may just don't think that they might have something and consequently you can easily miss the oppotunity to pick their pockets in the heat of the game. In other words, I have even chosen the targets of pick pocketing in a special way to provide some challenge for your thief to find them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.