Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Learning Curve
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
rbeverjr
After a long day of work and then a long evening of work, thoroughly brain dead I set down to do battle in IA. I have put off exploring the new content of ToB in order to go back to a save game and do battle with the new Demon Prince. For three consecutive nights, I've battled. For some people, the third time is a charm. I think it has taken me 4 reloads total (since giving up the first time in the wee morning hours). The battle is a long one. It seems to take me around 2-3 hours (not sure because I still have interruptions even late at night) to complete the battle (or die). At long last, I killed the demon prince! At the end, I had went through all my Wish spells without getting a party rest. So, without any useful spells, the hero was playing chase with the demon, and the hero was it. The hero was running all around just waiting for protections to wear of the demon. Finally, the demon caught the tiger by the tail, and I slashed him to pieces. Finally! Then I looked at the battlefield strewn with very tough foes ā€“ I think the demon ran out of summons in the end. Iā€™m ready for my jubilation dance. Then I think: thetruth could do the same on Insane difficulty ā€“ without any Improved Anvil items ā€“ may be with only a fighter-mage. My, how much I have left to learn!
thetruth
Congratulations rbeverjr thumb.gif . That was one of the most difficult battles of the game. And yes it's a very long battle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.