Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: party friendly?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
rbeverjr
Unless this is a bug, the text is misleading. Storm of Vengeance is supposed to be party friendly, and indeed does not seem to harm the party (protagonist and NPCs). However, I think it can turn HLA summons hostile, but don't think that it should (party friendly). Does Storm of Vengeance cause anyone else's planetar/elemental to go hostile?

Also, summon monster 3 (provides 1-hit distractions for Sikret's monsters smile.gif ) will sometimes get winter wolves. The cold breath of these wolves will also make HLA summons hostile against the party. At most, it would seem more reasonable to me that the highly intelligent planetar would just kill the wolf if he thought the party caster had a lapse of reason rather than attacking all the party! (Hmmm, shall this LG angel kill a wolf or a Death Lord?) I wonder if something can be done about this type of scenario?
Sikret
thetruth,

Please test these cases and let me know if there is any bug to be fixed.
thetruth
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 3 2007, 01:24 PM) *

thetruth,

Please test these cases and let me know if there is any bug to be fixed.

Sorry just uninstalled my game (wanted to do a clean install for a new IA game).

From what I remember though I am quite certain that Storm of Vengeance is a party friendly spell. It shouldn't affect summons or Planetars.

@rbeverjr

As for the Winter wolves I don't understand how they make hostile your Planetar.

Their Breath weapon attack is single target only IIRC.
leonidas
I was bored so I tested this out.

None of the HLA summons react when storm of vengeance is cast on them.

Also, the winter wolves do not attack the HLA summons, the only scenario I could create where the planetars went hostile is when I targetted them directly with the wolves (but that's behaviour you would expect).

Also it's not like IWD where the wolves use cone of cold, so they couldn't accidently hit a planetar unless you targetted the planetar with them or their AI is screwed.
Sikret
Thanks, leonidas!
rbeverjr
Well, that's disconcerting. I made matters simpler by going to a saved game and summoning up the planetar and greater elementals. I then subjected them to storm of vengeance. They did not turn hostile.

The subject of my question came from the final battle with Irenicus. I cast no area of effect spells, except remove magic and storm of vengeance (too busy with ruby rays laugh.gif . I did not attack my summons, of course. Nevertheless, the summons were turned against me. The first time I noticed this was when the summons were fighting against some of Irenicus' companions while the rest of us were dealing with other baddies. I assumed that something had went wrong with the storm of vengeance spell in that area. These summons can't be dominated can they? The other instance where something like this happened was with winter wolves and a planetar attacking one of Irenicus' companions. I observed the planetar turn hostile and only assumed that he must have got hit by a winter wolf. If that's not the case and if they can't be dominated, then something strange is going on..... It's terrible when an angel betrays you. sad.gif
Raven
I have had Planetars charmed/dominated against me even without IA - one of Demogorgon's gaze attacks can have this effect, for example. So are you sure there is no enemy there who could be using some dominating effect?
rbeverjr
No, actually, I bet those devils from hell (or was it demons from the abyss) did dominate them now that I know they can be dominated. These summons had never been dominated in the regular game. I suppose the planetar's 75% MR was not enough. OK, thanks everyone for the explanation.
Ardanis
I remember a case when my planetar was hit by enemy's meteor swarm and turned hostile. I remember it well because it was a battle solo sorcerer vs. twisted rune. I sent planetar away from my sight and that female mage casted Swarm on it. No mods were installed that time (I didn't know about them at all).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.