Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA and NEJ and gem golems
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
bruz
I have been playing NeJ for the last couple of days and I've noticed that all the Gem golems are gone. The golems add a new level of difficulty to the game so I think they are important

Im using: SoA + ToB + ToB patch 26498 + Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4 + Improved Anvil + NeJ2 v6.9.1

Question: Does NeJ interfere with IA in any way?
Vlad
"GEM GOLEMS" - what is it? Where did you see them?
Sikret
@Vlad
Gem Golem is a new type of golem introduced to the game by Improved Anvil.

@bruz
Can you be more specific? Are all gem golems gone? Are they replaced by something else? Which areas have you checked which should have normally contained gem golems but they don't?
bruz
I finished the first and second part of NeJ and started the quests in SoA.
My protaganist is a mage so I started the planar sphere quest line with Valgyar.

It was when we were clearing the area around the planar reactor (if you can call it that) that I noticed that there were no gem golems around, and in the fight with the necromancer no gem golem were to be seen.

There is also another thing that bothers me, I installed the multi-stronghold component of Bdash but now I wonder if that was a wise thing since my mage cant seem to get the planar sphere as a stronghold when I finish the quest line
(I tried 3 times).

bruz
The golem spawns around the planar reactor are like in the original game, a few clay golems and a huge iron golem.
In the fight with the necromancer nothing is summoned.
Sikret
QUOTE(bruz @ May 28 2007, 07:48 PM) *
The golem spawns around the planar reactor are like in the original game, a few clay golems and a huge iron golem.
In the fight with the necromancer nothing is summoned.

Yes, It's a bug. I don't know if NEJ has touched those area scripts or has overwritten my changes to them. Vlad knows better.
Romulas
QUOTE(bruz @ May 28 2007, 08:12 AM) *

I finished the first and second part of NeJ and started the quests in SoA.
My protaganist is a mage so I started the planar sphere quest line with Valgyar.

It was when we were clearing the area around the planar reactor (if you can call it that) that I noticed that there were no gem golems around, and in the fight with the necromancer no gem golem were to be seen.

There is also another thing that bothers me, I installed the multi-stronghold component of Bdash but now I wonder if that was a wise thing since my mage cant seem to get the planar sphere as a stronghold when I finish the quest line
(I tried 3 times).

Hello Bruz,

Do you perchance have the expanded thief stronghold installed? I installed that one time and got the thief stronghold (protagonist is a mage) and could not get the planar sphere. The reason for this I found was that even though the thief stronghold could go to any class it still set the variable "playerhasstronghold" to 1, when I reset this to zero I could get the sphere. I am betting that if I would have taken the sphere first things would have worked as normal.

The run through that this occured was one of the early ones in IA, so that was a question but it turns out that IA didn't have anything to do with it.

Hope this helps.

Romulas
Ardanis
In my IA+NEJ install there is no such a bug. NEJ doesn't touch those things (though as Sikret noted, Vlad knows better).

EDIT Those golem spawns have nothing to do with "playerhasstronghold" variable. I bet the cause is some other mod that changes Sphere.
bruz
Im gonna try installing everything again then.

Romulas I didnt do any quests before the mage stronghold.

Ardanis what components of Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.6.4 do you have installed?

Ardanis
All except GTU. Besides BD afair doesn't touch Sphere in those ways as well.
Vlad
No, I didn't touch areas in BG2 outside NeJ2, so I cannot help with all this. Moreover, bruz, since you have already finished playing NeJ2 and report this problem after that, I suggest to move this topic to other related forum when you find what is the mod or mod component, which causes these problems. For example, if Gem Golems are from IA, I propose to move this topic to IA forum. What do you think, Sikret?
Sikret
QUOTE(Vlad @ May 29 2007, 12:44 AM) *
if Gem Golems are from IA, I propose to move this topic to IA forum. What do you think, Sikret?

I agree. Can you move the topic to IA's forum or should it be done by Baronius?

Baronius
It seems Vlad has succeeded, I didn't do anything. (I was offline.) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.