Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spoilers request - hidden maze's wardstone
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
GotWangi
Hi all, need a little spoiler with this part of the mod because at this stage I feel like my head is about to explode. So I finally mapped the dungeon (or at least I think so), but just when I thought I'm at the final room, I get a message that I need some sort of ward to access the lower level. There's also another room I believe that gives a slightly different but similar message. Does this mean I'll need two keys ?? Anyway I went back and explore the dungeon again, making sure I check all the pools. 1 hour later and I'm still searching.

So to make long story short, can anyone spoil me on where the required thing is ?
Arkain
SPOILER

Just finished this damn maze as well wink.gif. First of all you need to defeat a certain enemy. His room is somewhere near the room with the neo-otyughs (iirc one of that room's exits is the one requiring a ward, if this helps you. It's the one you start at [bottom/lower right of the area]. Indeed it should be the one you are currently in smile.gif). You should make a save there and try the ways. You know you're right when there is just one entrance/exit (you're also starting on the left, not at the bottom of the area in this case). You would then have to go up into the other cave and defeat the spirit. Take the key. With the key you can enter the room which needs a key. There you can find the maze sigil, which will allow you to enter the final room. SAVE BEFORE YOU ENTER!
Btw, how did you make your map? I didn't have an idea how the maze works (or the desire to actually think about it biggrin.gif) and wandered somewhat helpless around, using something like "down, left, down leads to..." to get through it.

GotWangi
OMGGG!!!!! I feel so stupid. I knew theres something special about that one-door room, but for some reason I managed to miss that cave/extension thing for so long. I finally managed to go face-to-face with the dracolich, only to get totally obliterated. I guess this will have to wait until I get a few more levels. Thanks a lot!

As for the map, I basically just draw a circle for each room, and wrote a note down on the monster type or if its empty whatever random item I dropped to mark the room. I then start linking the circles with lines marked with a one way arrow. Red for the forward exit and black for the backward exit.
Noelle
Heh

That's how I passed the maze too. Just marked every room with a different item cos I realised after some time the bodies rotted or something so I did not know where I was ;o)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.