Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Call For Help with BG2 scripts
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Romulas
To anyone with suggestions. I am delving into the world of writing my own scripts.

I am using the bg2script compiler and am having a hell of a time getting things to work.

The readme's are alittle vague so not sure if I am following it right, here is my setup.

I installed bg2script in C:\Scriptw, in the preferences when I point the program to the game compiler which is normall in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\script compiler bg2script runs what appears to be normally with no errors but does not write the .bs file to the override directory. I found a blurb in one of the readme's saying that the game compiler (aicompile.exe) had to be in a directory with no spaces, so I put it and the batch file in C:\scriptcompile.

This time when I compile, bg2script displays a debug assertion error that comes from aicompile, after it aborts bg2scripts exits as normal saying it wrote the .bs file to the override directory which doesn't happen.

So, any suggestions or does anyone know of a better way of compiling bg2 scripts?

THanks in advance.

Romulas
devSin
Try using Near Infinity. It has its own GUI script editor and should be easier to use.
Romulas
QUOTE(devSin @ May 25 2007, 07:13 AM) *

Try using Near Infinity. It has its own GUI script editor and should be easier to use.

Thanks for the suggestion, finally got it and java downloaded, takes awhile over dialup. It makes a world of difference. Now if I can just get my scripts to work.

I am finding that not all states checks for spells work right. Those darn infinite loops are terrible .

Romulas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.