Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How can you get the cold head for the flail of ages?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Kal
Using IA V4.2 I played through the game without ever finding the cold head or therefore being able to finish making the flail of ages, I went through the De'arnise keep multiple times, making sure to kill everything inside and out, and searching every container.

The cold head was of course not in the lion head statue as that's been removed... "New location and Guardian for Flail Head (cold)" so where is it supposed to be exactly? Looking through these forums there were only two posts that mentioned it: Saying that a Greater Yuanti dropped it, I can't entirely remember if I killed this creature, but I believe so, on the off chance that I didn't do so where is *it* supposed to be located exactly, as well.

I even searched the bridge district after seeing Sikret say on one post "The forged flail should not disappear if you have killed Greater Yuanti, the whisper Spider (at bridge) and Glaicas." in case he wasn't talking about the spider near the drawbridge on the keep lands tongue.gif
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, Kal!

The flail head (cold) is either with the Greater Yuanti or with the Whisper Spider. When you open the bridge of D'Arnise keep, both of these creatures will spawn and will be available.
Kal
Danke for the welcome wink.gif
Do the creatures spawn in set places (If so, where), in random places, or do you mean they spawn in the courtyard for the battle directly after letting down the bridge?
If that last case... the item never dropped tongue.gif
I don't recall ever killing a spider *after* letting down the bridge, but beforehand when first entering the area, so that may be where I've gone wrong somehow.. hmm
Sikret
QUOTE(Kal @ May 20 2007, 12:02 PM) *

Do the creatures spawn in set places (If so, where), in random places, or do you mean they spawn in the courtyard for the battle directly after letting down the bridge?

When you open the bridge, the whisper spider appears near the character who has opened the bridge (a few steps distance) and the Greater YuanTi appears at his standard location where he always appears even in the vanilla game.
I don't recall ever killing a spider *after* letting down the bridge, but beforehand when first entering the area, so that may be where I've gone wrong somehow.. hmm

Yes, if you have never met the Whisper Spider after letting down the bridge, then there is something wrong in your game. You can send me your wiedu.log file if you wish.

Kal
Thank youu, no need to send it now.
Somehow I completely bypassed the whisper spider on my way back down to the courtyard, I'd only sent a single character up there before, possibly sanctuaried... can't remember exactly, in any case in rechecking up on top of the wall near the switch the spider actually appeared this time, so all is now good with the world again wink.gif

That had been bugging me for a week tongue.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Kal @ May 20 2007, 12:56 PM) *
Thank youu, no need to send it now.
Somehow I completely bypassed the whisper spider on my way back down to the courtyard, I'd only sent a single character up there before, possibly sanctuaried... can't remember exactly,

No, Kal! The only possible way to bypass the Whisper Spider is to use the Ctrl-J cheat. You had sent a single character up, but you had taken him back by cheat.

It is emphasized in the mod's readme that players should not cheat during the game. If you cheat, you will face problems and then will come to the forum with such false bug reports. I repeat my request to all players: Do not cheat during the game; if you cheat (any kind of cheat), then know that you are on your own. Please don't send posts about your problems into the forum if you like to play with cheat. If you cheat, you are on your own.

I'm glad that your problem is solved this time, but please play without cheat. Thanks in advance.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.