Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Requesting spoilers for the shimmering light quest (spoilers, maybe)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
leonidas
Cannot for the life of me figure out what i'm meant to be doing on top of the umar hills' hills.

I go there at night, like delon said, and he shows up by valygar's cabin telling me something to the effect of "you just missed the light, try again tomorrow".

So I sleep until the next night and start waiting by valygar's cabin, and waiting and waiting and waiting, yet nothing ever happens.

So...what am I missing here?
thetruth

I had problems too figuring out what I had to do there.

IIRC you meet someone near Valygar's cabin. Don't know why you haven't met him yet. Maybe depends on dialogue options?
Sikret should help here.
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ May 11 2007, 05:14 AM) *

I go there at night, like delon said, and he shows up by valygar's cabin telling me something to the effect of "you just missed the light, try again tomorrow".

So I sleep until the next night and start waiting by valygar's cabin, and waiting and waiting and waiting, yet nothing ever happens.

So...what am I missing here?

Stay in your cabin and wait for another 24 hours (or go somewhere else an return after one or two days). Then come out of the cabin at night. Delon will appear again.

leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 11 2007, 05:26 PM) *

Stay in your cabin and wait for another 24 hours (or go somewhere else an return after one or two days). Then come out of the cabin at night. Delon will appear again.

Ok, there's no problem getting delon to appear the first time (went into the cabin, waited until night time and bingo, he's at the top of the hill).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doing exactly the same thing after 24 hrs should get him to appear a second time, right? Well, he won't appear for me, despite several attempts. Are there any other conditions that need to be met?

Thanks for the speedy replies btw.
thetruth

Tried coming back after 2-3 days?
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ May 11 2007, 10:39 PM) *

Ok, there's no problem getting delon to appear the first time (went into the cabin, waited until night time and bingo, he's at the top of the hill).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doing exactly the same thing after 24 hrs should get him to appear a second time, right?

48 hours, not 24! You said that you had already waited for 24 hours after Delon's first re-appearane and that's why I told you to wait for "another" 24 hours. Besides, I said "your" cabin, not Valygar's. Also, don't rush and run quickly when you come out of the Cabin. Move slowly and give him time to appear. In your current game, it's now probable (if you have already tried for a few nights) that you have run quickly and missed Delon. I recommend to return to a saved game before Delon's first appearance and try it again. This quest is tested several times and it has no bugs for sure.

leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 12 2007, 07:53 AM) *

48 hours, not 24! You said that you had already waited for 24 hours after Delon's first re-appearane and that's why I told you to wait for "another" 24 hours. Besides, I said "your" cabin, not Valygar's. Also, don't rush and run quickly when you come out of the Cabin. Move slowly and give him time to appear. In your current game, it's now probable (if you have already tried for a few nights) that you have run quickly and missed Delon. I recommend to return to a saved game before Delon's first appearance and try it again. This quest is tested several times and it has no bugs for sure.

Yes, going in and out of valygar's cabin wouldn't make much sense. So is delon supposed to spawn in the same place, 48 hrs after his first appearance, or does the time and place vary?

I've tried everything that's been suggested, but I can't get the little bugger to come back.
Sikret
The time is always at night. The locations may vary. There is a delay of 48 hours between his reappearances each time. The first time, he will tell you that you have missed the light. The second time, you will see the light. Start the quest again if you have a saved game. Stay near your cabin, not valygar's.
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 12 2007, 12:13 PM) *

The time is always at night. The locations may vary. There is a delay of 48 hours between his reappearances each time. The first time, he will tell you that you have missed the light. The second time, you will see the light. Start the quest again if you have a saved game. Stay near your cabin, not valygar's.

The second time he appears near my cabin?
Sikret
Considering the time you have wasted so far (I don't know how many nights you have spent there); it's probable that you have already missed his second appearance for good. Start the quest afresh and follow the suggestions above. Don't go to the top of hills till you visit Delon for two times just out of your cabin.
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 12 2007, 01:10 PM) *

Considering the time you have wasted so far (I don't know how many nights you have spent there); it's probable that you have already missed his second appearance for good. Start the quest afresh and follow the suggestions above. Don't go to the top of hills till you visit Delon for two times just out of your cabin.

Luckily I had a save game, just need to do the umar quest again. Thanks for the help thus far.
Sikret
Keep several saved games. One save at every important stage of the quest.
leonidas
Yeah, so I've restarted the quest several times now. I have no problem at all getting delon to spawn the first time. It's between 48-72 hours after receiving the quest, and he tends to spawn just after I cross the stepping stone bridge nearest to charname's cabin. Also, I rest in the cabin and emerge at night.

Unfortunately, that seems to be as far as I can go with the quest. After racking my brains, all I think of is that my game is somehow bugged or I've unknowingly performed some action that is stopping the shimmering light from spawning. Neither of these explanations is particularly satiating, and I'm mentally unable to stare at the umar hills' map anymore.

I appreciate all your help, sikret, but I think I'll just have to try the quest another game.
Sikret
What's your reputation, leonidas?
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 13 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Just checked: it's 18.
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ May 13 2007, 05:52 PM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 13 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Just checked: it's 18.

That's it!

Make it 20 and return to Umar Hills at night.

leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ May 13 2007, 01:28 PM) *

That's it!

Make it 20 and return to Umar Hills at night.

Hooray!
LZJ
Could anyone tell me when the shimmering light quest will start? For me, it has been 10 days since the death of the Umar Witch, and I'm worried that I've missed it out by walking too fast or something.
Sikret
Go inside your cabin. It requires 20 reputation.
LZJ
Oh, ok! Found the quest. Thanks for the quick reply, Sikret!
Kerkes
I need some help for these. SPOILER!
First quest is the shimmering light. I've got a cyphered note. But I cannot decipher it. Hints please, not spoilers.

Edited by Sikret to remove unnecessary spoilers
Vik
well i can say. what you wrote is a bit spoilerish. but I dont understand about that guy are you speaking???
Kerkes
forgot tags. SPOILER!
the grandmaster of ra
Vik
SPOILER!
well if you decyphered the note it wont be a problem to find him, the area where he is is not that big smile.gif
Kerkes
I didn't! if I did I would't ask for hints!
Vik
well isnt this what u said in my last topic? rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(Kerkes @ Jul 21 2008, 03:06 AM) *
Just did it thumb.gif . No help needed.

well i didnt found a systematic way to decipher it , but if you really want a spoiler i can PM you one of the word witch will help u,but i recomend you to think about it;]
Kerkes
I did. Was wrong! Please do, but one word only
Sikret
@Kerkes

I edited your post to remove unnecessary spoilers. Some spoilers should not be mentioned even inside spoiler tags. You could ask your question the way I wrote it for you; there was no need to tell everyone where they can find the second part of the note.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.