Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm having some trouble beating up...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Tower of Deception
Seifer
...the Shard...Seems immune to anything I chuck at it...

Any suggestions?
Valiant
Seif, did you read all in-mod dialogs with Gulin and Pandaira properly? If you did, then it should be clear to you that you must hurt the Astral Shard with great fire, e.g. Fireball or something like that. Astral Shard itself is immune to evertything else, including weapons that add fire damage, except area fire-based spells...smile.gif

BTW, what about the areas you wanted??
Seifer
The ice chicks? Didn't get around to talking to them...but yeah..will try now

And I'm stil sketching those together for you, should have a scan soon.
Valiant
Yes, the ice chicks smile.gif As you passing around you can either ignore them, or you can try to free them from the ice prison... They are definetely not dead. Of course if you didn´t kill them while they were still in the ice snare...smile.gif
Seifer
Good stuff!

Also have a suggestion, might be worth adding a check for NPC quests to stop chararacters apearing outside of the tower. Not sure how Anomen's messenger arrived (one helluva swim..), but if this breaks the dialog with the captain, the party can end up stranded.
Valiant
OMG, i didn´t count with this! I have to think about it. Good suggestion. Thanks a lot.
Valiant
Seifer, what is the name of the messenger?? Just want to find his resources quickly...
Razfallow
QUOTE(Valiant @ May 9 2007, 12:28 AM) *

Seifer, what is the name of the messenger?? Just want to find his resources quickly...

Valiant, change area VA#001 to "Dungeon". It should solve this problem.
Valiant
Yes, I was thinking about the same thing. This is the most easiest way. Next version.
SirChet
QUOTE(Valiant @ May 8 2007, 02:48 PM) *
Seif, did you read all in-mod dialogs with Gulin and Pandaira properly? If you did, then it should be clear to you that you must hurt the Astral Shard with great fire, e.g. Fireball or something like that. Astral Shard itself is immune to evertything else, including weapons that add fire damage, except area fire-based spells...smile.gif

BTW, what about the areas you wanted??

Valiant:

Thanks for putting together a nice mod for higher level characters, or maybe I just need higher levels to survive it. tongue.gif I had a lot of fun, and I to missed the conversation that told me about the fire AOE working against the shard. I mean I read it, just didn't pay attention. unsure.gif

I like the custom portraits, especially Gulin. I will admit this is the first time I met a lizard shaman smart enough to cast time stop, I wasn't ready for that. The movie of the tower was pretty cool.

Again, thanks I really appreciate you guys that add content to my favorite game.
Bravo! Good Job! thumb.gif
Valiant
@SirChet: thank you for your kind words. That´s why the mods are made - for adding another gaming experience to you all players. I´m glad you liked it.

Val smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.